Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to upgrade my power on my 2019 Colorado been reading all the info I can but not sure what the best way to go any input would be a help.Thank you

·
Site Sponsor
439 Posts
I have been looking to upgrade my power on my 2019 Colorado been reading all the info I can but not sure what the best way to go any input would be a help.Thank you
Hey Chris. We are happy to provide you with information about our supercharger and exhaust power upgrades.
Email Chuck, [email protected]. He can email you our installation manual, and some other information, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Check out our website https://mallettcars.com if you haven't already.
Looks like you are new to the forum. Check out our thread in 2nd Gen Engines and Technical Discussion forum titled Improve Towing/Off-Road Performance with the Mallett Supercharger System for 2015-2019 . https://www.coloradofans.com/thread...tem-for-2017-2019-zr2-colorado-canyon.372297/
There is lots of information in the thread, several of our customers have posted their positive experiences with us and our products, you can reach out to them and ask questions through the forum if you like. We look forward to hearing from you.
216-905-0029 [email protected]

www.mallettcars.com

Check out our Mallett Cars Facebook page

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
If you want lots of power, go with the Mallet(see above) otherwsie a tune will get you a few more HP, we are assumming you have a gasser.

oh, welcome to the forum, we need pictures of your truck

Supposedly Elderbrock is/might be coming oout with a super charger some time in the near future, so we have been told 6 months ago...

thre is a search window top center, you can look things up

·
Site Sponsor
439 Posts
A good supercharger is the only reasonable way to make significant power.

A tune can gain a little power and can certainly change the way the truck drives. You should be very careful with who you allow to tune your truck of course.

We haven't seen any exhaust except ours add power and it's really easy to get terrible drone. Ours is the only "full" exhaust (replaces the Y-pipe).

We also haven't seen an air filter or intake add power, even when combined with the blower. The AFE is the only one that could because of the little port you can open. We modify the stock airbox when installing the blower.

A pedal controller won't make more power but they will change the way the truck drives so that could be worth the low cost.

So the only serious power adder is a blower. Ours adds 100hp and makes the truck much nicer to drive. We can then add 20hp more with a smaller pulley, which is a great value.

Edelbrock will presumably be producing in larger quantities and using cheaper parts, so I expect theirs to be slightly less expensive than ours. Edelbrock's supercharger has an Eaton 1740 rotor, which isn't as nice as our 1900. They'll have to drive it harder and it'll be less efficient, less linear and put more heat into the charge air. Their components will also be cheaper. That's not to say it looks bad at all, in fact I'd say it has the potential to be almost as good as ours if they get the tuning right. It won't change our position though. To make a significantly cheaper blower you'd have to make huge sacrifices in quality.

https://www.coloradofans.com/thread...tem-for-2017-2019-zr2-colorado-canyon.372297/

www.mallettcars.com 216-905-0029 [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
A good supercharger is the only reasonable way to make significant power.

A tune can gain a little power and can certainly change the way the truck drives. You should be very careful with who you allow to tune your truck of course.

We haven't seen any exhaust except ours add power and it's really easy to get terrible drone. Ours is the only "full" exhaust (replaces the Y-pipe).

We also haven't seen an air filter or intake add power, even when combined with the blower. The AFE is the only one that could because of the little port you can open. We modify the stock airbox when installing the blower.

A pedal controller won't make more power but they will change the way the truck drives so that could be worth the low cost.

So the only serious power adder is a blower. Ours adds 100hp and makes the truck much nicer to drive. We can then add 20hp more with a smaller pulley, which is a great value.

Edelbrock will presumably be producing in larger quantities and using cheaper parts, so I expect theirs to be slightly less expensive than ours. Edelbrock's supercharger has an Eaton 1740 rotor, which isn't as nice as our 1900. They'll have to drive it harder and it'll be less efficient, less linear and put more heat into the charge air. Their components will also be cheaper. That's not to say it looks bad at all, in fact I'd say it has the potential to be almost as good as ours if they get the tuning right. It won't change our position though. To make a significantly cheaper blower you'd have to make huge sacrifices in quality.

Improve Colorado/Canyon Towing/Off-Road Performance with a Mallett Supercharger System 2015-2020

www.mallettcars.com 216-905-0029 [email protected]
You say that you modify the stock airbox when you install the blower...I opted for the GMC Power Package which puts in a GMC Performance Cold Air Intake. I am looking at getting a supercharger within the next year but am a bit concerned about having to give up an expensive part to make it work. Can you install the blower with the GMC Performance Cold Air Intake or do I have to re-install the stock airbox? Also, I am thinking about adding a Pedal Commander...is this something that can work with the Supercharger install, and if so is it something that I should add on before I get the Supercharger installed so that you can include it when doing any tuning?

·
Site Sponsor
439 Posts
You say that you modify the stock airbox when you install the blower...I opted for the GMC Power Package which puts in a GMC Performance Cold Air Intake. I am looking at getting a supercharger within the next year but am a bit concerned about having to give up an expensive part to make it work. Can you install the blower with the GMC Performance Cold Air Intake or do I have to re-install the stock airbox? Also, I am thinking about adding a Pedal Commander...is this something that can work with the Supercharger install, and if so is it something that I should add on before I get the Supercharger installed so that you can include it when doing any tuning?
Our Mallett Supercharger will work with your GMC Performance Cold Air Intake, it is not mandatory to reinstall the stock airbox. You can add a Pedal Commander at any time before or after supercharger, it does work with the supercharger installation, no special calibration is needed. We have many customers with the Pedal Commander on their trucks.
Feel free to contact us directly [email protected] 216-905 0029. If you would like an installation manual, PM or email us your email address and we will get that out to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts