Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good sunshade that fits our windshields well, with the correct rear view mirror
cutout and held up by the visors. Thanks for any recommends and links of products tried and true.

-Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll go against the grain and say I don't like the weathertech ones for the windshield, so far. The other ones for the other windows look fine.. I got the full kit. The one for the windshield is a little too big, I was worried about the covercraft being too small..but in the end I wanted the full set as my truck sits outside so went weathertech.

Eventually I'll figure out a decent way to put it in the window and roll it up when done.. Until then no passengers! Passenger seat is for my sunshade. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
the covercraft fit is snug. i can get it to fit against the headliner without needing to flip the visors to hold it if i have my visors holding up papers, maps, etc.
plus, the accordian folding is clean and it tucks between the B pillar and the driver's seat.

in this photo, i do have the visors flipped down:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bought the cheap oval ones (theirs 2) that have the GM bowtie on one side all silver on the other side that are spring loaded and fold up in a small circle (takes up hardly room) at Walmart for my 2019 Colorado. They work good enough for me. You push top up to rear view mirror and pull the sunvisors down to hold them. Only a very little light at lower side just like the high dollar ones. And don't take up all that space being in the way can just shove them down between the seat and console when not using.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@PieceKeepr i don't have it fit fully against the windshield in this photo, so i can see what you're talking about, but no, there are no substantial gaps along any of the sides. it does a wonderful job of reflecting heat, especially since it's insulated foam core, and keeps UV off the dash when in place.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
These are $10. Fit my truck OK.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GN4K4CK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
^^^Yep^^^

Mine are the same...just silver on outer face & black inside...think I paid under $10 for them a few years back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got one at Costco for $10 and comes with two side-window shades that I don't use. Fits perfect and does the job. I think the manufacturer is Winplus.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
the covercraft fit is snug. i can get it to fit against the headliner without needing to flip the visors to hold it if i have my visors holding up papers, maps, etc.
plus, the accordian folding is clean and it tucks between the B pillar and the driver's seat.

in this photo, i do have the visors flipped down:

This is the best fitting Sunshade that I have seen yet. I just read some reviews and one was complaining about the Fit of the Covercraft on a Colorado. Buy the looks of your picture, it fits pretty good. Any complaints from you
kslechta?

·
Registered
28 Posts
@16WhiteColly no complaints, I love it.
I've had covercraft sun shields in every vehicle I've owned over the past 15 years, too.

i guess some people might gripe about the fact that its rigid panels and folds accordian-style rather than flimsy and easier to just mash in to the corners of the windshield. i dunno.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
nimdabew
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing