Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Chevy, Colorado, Z71, CCLB, 4WD, 3.6L, S/C, SS Exh, DB Tonneau, 2in LvL, 1.5in Bora, 30in LED
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when driving around mid day with the sun nearly directly overhead, the colorado gauge cluster annoyingly reflects the sun right in the middle of the tach and speedometer? I may try getting my local window tinting shop to install a band of window tint at the top of the windshield to tone the glare down a bit. Anybody else dealt with this??

·
Registered
351 Posts
Honestly haven't noticed any glare issues. My 2012 Equinox on the other hand was atrocious with glare.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
No issues with glare at all. Maybe being in FL with sun more overhead it's different?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Never noticed any glare, but I do have a 5% windshield brow

·
Registered
2016, Chevy, Colorado, Z71, CCLB, 4WD, 3.6L, S/C, SS Exh, DB Tonneau, 2in LvL, 1.5in Bora, 30in LED
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate everyone giving me a sanity check on the gauge glare thing and a couple ideas to solve it. its a pretty minor gripe and only happens for a short time during midday.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Appreciate everyone giving me a sanity check on the gauge glare thing and a couple ideas to solve it. its a pretty minor gripe and only happens for a short time during midday.
not the same but I know how bad it can be. I drive a 2017 Kenworth and when the sun is behind me the glare off all the gauges is insane. It is like 15 mini suns on the dash shining in my eyes! it is unbearable, have to drive with my arm up to block it till the angle changes.
:censored:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I haven't really had any issues from the cluster but I do get an occasional glint from it that makes me think I saw an idiot light blink or something flash on the DIC :serious:

I also sometimes get a bad sun glare off the little, tiny, chrome bow tie on the steering wheel. Annoying.
^^^This is a real issue for me. When that sucker hits it's bright and for me it usually stays in that position for quite a while :frown2:

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71
131 Posts
I get the cluster glare a few times here and there. For me it's the reflection off of the top of the steering column into the cluster. Makes it hard to read the gauges when the sun hits it just right. Not really a good way of reducing the glare that I can think of other than a light absorbing skin to overlay the top of the steering column with like black felt. I'd imagine anything like that would be an eye sore though (aesthetically).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get polarized sunglasses. I wear them every day it's even remotely sunny. No issues though. I do have 5% over factory tint in the back of my truck and 35% on the front windows.
Ahh, could be something there - I'm in Orlando, FL and notice no glare but my truck came with tinted windows AND I wear glasses that have a polarized coating.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No, but when it's bright out, and I wear my polarized prescription progressive "transitions drivers", I can't see the speedometer unless I stare at it for 3 seconds and let my eyes adjust, which is dangerous as hell. This is due to the black faced dials and setback of them under the dash.

At some point I will put whiteface decal overlays on the gauges.

I'm also annoyed by the reflection in the rear view mirror of the radio in the rear window at night. I don't have any idea what to do about that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts