Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

521 - 540 of 560 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
I haven't updated this thread in awhile. New tires and some cheap spotlights.

·
Registered
414 Posts
There are a few notable and mostly aesthetic differences between the US and overseas specs. One I've never noticed until the above Vietnam photos are the different antenna placement and what appears to be a factory roof rack.

Reactions: JBT

·
Registered
414 Posts
Duplicate post... This forum engine has more bugs than any software I've ever seen...

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a few notable and mostly aesthetic differences between the US and overseas specs. One I've never noticed until the above Vietnam photos are the different antenna placement and what appears to be a factory roof rack.
Correct
However there are much more differences:
Grill and bumper in chrome
Only diesel available in AT and no DPF which I dont mind btw.
Sailplane (which I replace with sportsbar)
Etc etc

·
Registered
414 Posts
Traded in my BLACK ZR2 and came to the light side with a 2020 summit white ZR2 BISON edition. Liked the black but a lot rougher to keep clean.
In one way (the most important way), yes. I recently discovered a bunch of rust colored spots all over the sides of my truck after a car wash though. My knee jerk reaction was rust coming up from under the paint. Then I realized it was the same on a bunch of plastic parts. I'm guessing there was something in the winter road schmutz that stained the paint somehow. It hasn't been warm enough yet for me to see if I can do anything to make them go away. Summit White owners beware! Wish I had any ideas what it is to be wary of or even how wary to be, but that's all I got so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In one way (the most important way), yes. I recently discovered a bunch of rust colored spots all over the sides of my truck after a car wash though. My knee jerk reaction was rust coming up from under the paint. Then I realized it was the same on a bunch of plastic parts. I'm guessing there was something in the winter road schmutz that stained the paint somehow. It hasn't been warm enough yet for me to see if I can do anything to make them go away. Summit White owners beware! Wish I had any ideas what it is to be wary of or even how wary to be, but that's all I got so far.
It's iron deposits in the paint, sometimes called rail dust. Detail companies make a product that you spray on that will neutralize it and rinse it off. You can also clay bar it.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado wt
38 Posts
Here is my new to me guy. 2019 WT model with the appearance package.So far I have leveled it out, took off the side badges and blacked out the back badge and blacked out the bow ties. I have also changed all the white lights inside and out with LEDs for a crisper look.I will post more pics when I take em.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
View attachment 387165 Here is my new to me guy. 2019 WT model with the appearance package.So far I have leveled it out, took off the side badges and blacked out the back badge and blacked out the bow ties. I have also changed all the white lights inside and out with LEDs for a crisper look.I will post more pics when I take em.
I have the same truck, except 2016. Congrats!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I had the same on my truck. Get yourself some spray iron remover from your local parts house or a clay bar. I used the spray. Maguires makes a good product. After following the instructions on the use of it you will need to put a coat of wax on her. I’m super picky with my cars so I did the spray then a polish then a wax and then a ceramic coat. Takes most of a day. But the end result is great. Good luck and post pics when ya get her all done!!

·
Registered
2019 Colorado wt
38 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Colorado wt
38 Posts
Where did ya get that black for the Colorado on the doors?!
Plastic dip spray. Didn’t see spending $ for the black badges from Chevy.

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
218 Posts
I also have the Undercover Ridgelander installed. I had it on my Brown Colorado before moving it to my Summit White one. It's been one of the best pieces of kit I've bought for my truck!
I have the ridgelander as well. great deck. I want to get the taller posts for the cross rails because I'd like to elevate higher over the bed when I don't have the lid on. I am trying to figure out if someone sells those with that will fit into the sliding track of our ridgelanders... have you seen anything.

521 - 540 of 560 Posts