Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched around a bit and can only find info on either Gen 1 Extended Cab or Gen 2 Crew Cab.

I have a 10" sub and Amp from a previous vehicle that has just been waiting for a new home. I have been considering installing it in my Extended Cab Canyon, but can not find any good info for an Enclosure. Has anyone installed a Sub in a Gen 2 Extended Cab??

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Only thing I've seen for the ext cab is a powered sub under the pass seat. That's what I added, all the BOSE needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bad idea to use a powered sub. I had this idea of installing a sub in the little valley between the 2 back seats, but it is not wide enough to really hold a 10" speaker.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Not a bad idea to use a powered sub. I had this idea of installing a sub in the little valley between the 2 back seats, but it is not wide enough to really hold a 10" speaker.
I've seen setups where they basically extended the center console with an enclosure, and go up the valley, and add either upfiring, front or side firing speakers. Doing it this way allows you to fold up the "seats" still for your Sam's bulk TP stowage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is pretty much what I was thinking for a box. Thanks man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched around a bit and can only find info on either Gen 1 Extended Cab or Gen 2 Crew Cab.

I have a 10" sub and Amp from a previous vehicle that has just been waiting for a new home. I have been considering installing it in my Extended Cab Canyon, but can not find any good info for an Enclosure. Has anyone installed a Sub in a Gen 2 Extended Cab??
I have 2 MBQuart 10 inch subs in a down firing setup. I took the jump seats out because no one would ever sit back there anyway. I've also replaced the factory head unit with a Pioneer.One complaint is I'm having a hard time finding an interface that works.The online retailers say the backup camera will work with their interface but all that.shows on the screen when I hit reverse is the guide lines.I have the IOB radio code which is the 7 inch touch screen.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Alpine PWE S-8

For Line Out I used a AudioControl LC2i

I seldom have the sub over 50%, it makes nice clean bass.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a BNIB JL 8w3 and a JL XD 600/1 amp that I would love to figure out how to put it in my gen2 extended cab but I have to be able to keep the jump seats for my kids. I can’t seem to figure out where to build a box that will fit the sub with a custom enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts

Crutchfield sells a fiberglass box for our extended cabs, it’s sweet but it’s 800 😱 it does comes with a JL low profile speaker though lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts