Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went and bought and airaid intake for my 08 canyon 3.7 and the guys told me that it would fit no problem well when i got my truck home and started installing it the stupid thing wouldnt fit. i guess they changed them a bit in 08 so now i cant have an aftermarket intake on my truck untill they come out with one someday. so i just used my money from the intake and ordered me some aftermarket tail lights. i will post pics when i get them in about 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What was changed?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cap for the filter and the pipe with the o2 sensor is all one piece now

·
Registered
167 Posts
picture?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have a pic right now. but i found one that works. its the 77 series k&n filter that works. it took me about 15 phone calls to track it down and one place had it in stock so im installing it now

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i finally got it installed. K&N 77 series intake. i like it

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Tatman, is that the intake thats only the small tube and you still have to keep your resonator box ontop of the valvecover?

If so I would return the POS asap. The resonator is prob the biggest restriction in the intake and that kit is crap. I would get the AEM Bruteforce intake for the 2004-2006 and get the SSK adapter plate like DBNissan posted, then you can take full advantage of an intake.

·
Registered
324 Posts
turbizzy said:
Tatman, is that the intake thats only the small tube and you still have to keep your resonator box ontop of the valvecover?

If so I would return the POS asap. The resonator is prob the biggest restriction in the intake and that kit is crap. I would get the AEM Bruteforce intake for the 2004-2006 and get the SSK adapter plate like DBNissan posted, then you can take full advantage of an intake.
Will the CAI affect emmission checks at all? They are pretty tough in my county (high attainment supposedly).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have never got an emmisions test done on any vehicle that i have owned to get it on the road. i check my emmissions at the dearlership but not to get it road worthy. then again i live in canada

·
Registered
324 Posts
tatman said:
i have never got an emmisions test done on any vehicle that i have owned to get it on the road. i check my emmissions at the dearlership but not to get it road worthy. then again i live in canada
Lucky you! :D :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im just trying to think of what else i can do for some more performance upgrades that are easy to install. im gonna be putting in a supercharger system in this summer sometime and im kinda saving for that. i just want some simple upgrades. i spent about a grand on my truck yesterday

·
Registered
33 Posts
turbizzy said:
The K&N 77 is a full intake, not just the short tube. I have the same one and I like the hell out of it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you're going with a SC this summer, then save your cash. There is nothing worth bolting on that is going to give you any appreciable gain. If anything, just get a good tune till then.

boycan, the stock system IS CAI. The only aftermarket systems that might play havoc, is the ones that require you to oil your air filter. Too much and you've fogged your MAF sensor. Although just a simple clean takes care of that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts