Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
I went back to my Factory antenna and wola!! I have good reception again! I love the way the stubby jr looked. **** shame!
I almost ripped my oem one off in a public garage yesterday, it sounded way worse than it looks. If you still have, I'll buy it from you! Anyone know if the JR is as good as the reg stubby? thx

· Registered
862 Posts
If anyone is looking for the Craven Speed Stubby Jr shoot me a PM. I'll let mine go for $20 shipped. It was on my truck for 1 day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
you have a pm.

· Registered
440 Posts
I almost ripped my oem one off in a public garage yesterday, it sounded way worse than it looks. If you still have, I'll buy it from you! Anyone know if the JR is as good as the reg stubby? thx
I have had the stubby jr antenna on for about a month now. Been noticing some minor static listening to local stations but not all the time. Overall it's a good product and feel a lot safer driving into downtown parking structures without having to worry about it hitting the concrete beams or piping like it did before.

· Registered
862 Posts
thx Drew, got the Stubby today.

· Registered
39 Posts
I have a stubby jr also. The reception is fine when I'm close to the city. It becomes a little static when I get closer to my home out in the sticks.

· Registered
221 Posts
One of the best appearance mods you can do and cheap at that! No loss of reception for me and we are in a notoriously bad reception area.

· Registered
687 Posts
I have noticed that with my Stubby Jr. my XM cuts out every now and then...and not in places you would expect it to either...like around tall buildings a trees. I only had the OEM on a little more than a week and never noticed any cut outs. Maybe it is just a fluke I don't know...lots of things can effect sat reception.

· Registered
795 Posts
I have noticed that with my Stubby Jr. my XM cuts out every now and then...and not in places you would expect it to either...like around tall buildings a trees. I only had the OEM on a little more than a week and never noticed any cut outs. Maybe it is just a fluke I don't know...lots of things can effect sat reception.
I think the XM uses a different antenna. Mine was inexplicably cutting in and out with both.

Speaking of, my free XM ran out and I am now using the radio. Apparently, my Stubby Jr isn't picking up stations as well as the stock one does. Makes sense since I live out on the fringes...

So, if anyone wants a barely used, in perfect shape Stubby Jr, I take $20 shipped...

· Registered
92 Posts
I have a 10 year old pioneer deck with a dash mounted XM antenna that gets better satellite reception then this stupid truck does. Would really like to have satellite radio but unfortunately the antenna sucks in the Colorado.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

· Registered
687 Posts
I have a 10 year old pioneer deck with a dash mounted XM antenna that gets better satellite reception then this stupid truck does. Would really like to have satellite radio but unfortunately the antenna sucks in the Colorado.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Where is the sat antenna on the Canyons?

· Registered
45 Posts
I believe it's the "pod" the radio antenna screws in to. I could be wrong though. On a side note, does anyone remove the stock antenna when going in car washes? I don't want to break the thing, I used to remove the one on my F150.

· Registered
359 Posts
I believe it's the "pod" the radio antenna screws in to. I could be wrong though. On a side note, does anyone remove the stock antenna when going in car washes? I don't want to break the thing, I used to remove the one on my F150.
I've been through many different washes and never had an issue with the antenna. The mirrors will fold themselves in, but the antenna is fine.

· Registered
29 Posts
Since you live in the same general area as me, sounds like I'm passing on getting a stubby! Ive been going back and forth do I want to try it. It would strictly be cosmetic for me as clearance is never an issue.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts