Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
In my case... it was needed because I'm having to cover my truck while I am away for work, and this last time I had my wife do it (and she didn't take the antenna off). When I got back, I found the weight of the cover bent the original antenna to almost flat... So yeah I needed the stubby.

This one is so short and stiff enough that I'm not concerned about putting the cover over it. I'm still taking it off just for precaution.

If there's somebody in the market for a crooked (still workable) original antenna, let me know. I'm pretty sure this one will go past many garage doors...

Reactions: Alabiker

· Registered
436 Posts
I installed a Stubby Jr., but I noticed that two or three radio stations in the Houston area just don't work. I don't park my truck in the garage, so I just switched back to the original antenna. I like the look of the shorter antenna better, but not at the expense of the reception.

· Registered
457 Posts
I think I may have to purchase a shorty :serious:. I'm not sure but it seems that the garage to our new home may be a bit low but I will measure to make sure tomorrow. Why couldn't GM just go with the antenna like on the full-size trucks :frown2:

· Registered
436 Posts
I think I may have to purchase a shorty :serious:. I'm not sure but it seems that the garage to our new home may be a bit low but I will measure to make sure tomorrow. Why couldn't GM just go with the antenna like on the full-size trucks :frown2:
Keep in mind that the FS trucks have a shark fin on top for nav and onstar, but still have a separate (very tall) AM/FM radio antenna mounted on the passenger side of the hood. I definitely like the look of the combined module on the Canyon/Colorado, but would like to have seen it a little shorter overall.

· Registered
14 Posts
I got my stubby off Amazon for my 15 Colorado for $21 shipped with no reception issues and now she fits in the garage :)

Reactions: garymikey1982

· Registered
20 Posts
I already know I will need the Stubby, my garage header is too low and I am not going to unscrew the antenna every time I pull into the garage in the winter. I almost didn't order a Colorado because of the antenna but when I found out I could replace it that changed my mind.

· Registered
109 Posts
Stubby Jr here in Denver with no issues.

· Registered
524 Posts
I also have the "3 1/2" Stubby" on my truck just to be different. I live in Lawrenceville, IL. and it picks up my classic rock station in Newton, IL. = 48 miles by road a little shorter as a crow flies. Bought mine straight from CravenSpeed.com Kept the factory antenna just in case I want to go back to the whip.

· Registered
524 Posts
Love the look of the stubby jr but my radio reception isn't as good:crying:
I had the "Stubby" on my truck for half a day before I threw it in the trash can. I'm in the country somewhat and my stations I like are 30 miles across corn and bean fields. Just would not bring them in steady.

· Registered
13,084 Posts
I have had my stubby installed since day 2, I don't notice any issues, but I am in a major metro area. Didn't notice much when I was out of town, but I still had satellite back then so I probably used that or my USB drive for music.

· Registered
156 Posts
Mine is working fine, but I use it just for XM. Nothing on local radio I want to hear. Too much talk and commercials. Interesting that the signal from a geosynchronous satellite is stronger than local radio stations...

21 - 40 of 73 Posts