Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picking up the truck in a couple hours. I️ need to put some amber strobes in it and wanted to see if anyone had setups like that? Not interested in roof mounted lights and really would prefer not to drill holes in the headlights.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Here is a nice set-up that I saw on youtube:

A lot of the ones you see in headlights/taillights require drilling. The console/dash/grill lights also require mounting but the holes are probably less obtrusive.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’m considering two behind the grill, two under the tailgate and possibly doing some hide always in the cargo lamps. I’d need to figure out something for some side lighting but that can be done later.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Ive built and worked on hundreds of both marked and unmarked cars and what is shown in that video is about the extent you can get away with without having to do any sort of drilling/modifications. Sure you can wedge or double-sided tape anything anywhere, but for a truly rugged and hidden application, you are gonna have to get out your trusty drill.

If it matters though, my company has slowly but surely been switching to CODE3 brand of lighting (who the hell knows the reason.....its a gov't agency) The Code3 stuff has been working out much better than the Federal stuff we had been using for the last 15+ years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.