Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado z71 AWD ExtCLB
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending many days searching the internet for rock sliders for my 2018 Colorado z71 ext cab I found a few options but there all very expensive ($1000CAD+). Anyone know of any decent rock sliders that aren't $1000CAD plus, and that come straight out so I still have a step to get in?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Colorado CCLB, 2.8L Duramax, Shadow Metalic Grey. 2" level kit
135 Posts
I have been watching for a set of zr2 slider taoe offs i can add small "steps" onto. Otherwise, it is an expensive addition.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
some one???? took the zr2 sliders and re worked them into a step, they looked pretty good....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been watching for a set of zr2 slider taoe offs i can add small "steps" onto. Otherwise, it is an expensive addition.
Where are you located? I’ve been been playing around with the idea of taking my factory sliders off, and going with something else. But I’d rather not push them around my apartment while I wait for someone to take them from me, so I’ve been largely deterred. I’m located in Northern AZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
there is a set in the for sale section

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Are you 4' tall? (sarcasm). If not you will get tired of dunking to get into the cab. Anything door sill level is too high.
AMP Research Power steps are perfect height and look like rock sliders when up.
Not the only electric option, but I like the OBD plug-in, no installing door switches.

Reactions: Backwoodz

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
132 Posts
Are you 4' tall? (sarcasm). If not you will get tired of dunking to get into the cab. Anything door sill level is too high.
AMP Research Power steps are perfect height and look like rock sliders when up.
Not the only electric option, but I like the OBD plug-in, no installing door switches.
I've had tons of different steps and sliders... Bolt on sliders, weld on sliders, rounded nerf bars, running boards, Westin HDX drop down steps, nfab steps...

There's good and bad to all of them... Even with lifted vehicles. Nearly all of them will get your pant legs dirty, you have to duck to get in with some, some decrease clearance, some look bad...

The AMPs avoid quite a bit of the negatives with other types, but you pay for that convenience, they're not cheap. I've never had the AMPs but they do look nice. Though my vehicle would have to be lifted 5-6 inches before I'd go that route.

My favorites for not lifted or lifted 3" have been welded on sliders. Angled up, sticking out just enough to stop a door ding or shopping cart collision... Not the best for steps, but I don't need steps if the vehicle is only lifted 3 inches. And my kids could still use them as steps...

The benefits are they protect amazingly, great for knocking off dirty boots and shoes, enough step to wash the top of the vehicle, and the best looking option in my opinion... But they also cost...

I want to see the ZR2 sliders in person, see how far they stick out... I may go that route this time, I've seen them for sale 150-200 bucks several times. Cheap if just needing them to knock off dirty boots and protect against door dings.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
My co worker drives a ZR2. if he drives it tomorrow, Ill measure them for ya.
But initially, I think they only protrude about 2", not a lot.

Reactions: Backwoodz

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
132 Posts
My co worker drives a ZR2. if he drives it tomorrow, Ill measure them for ya.
But initially, I think they only protrude about 2", not a lot.
Thanks man, mostly just interested if they will block a door ding from a car that parks beside you.

I found a set for $100 just now and another set for $150... Both sets are about 5-6 hours of drive time one way though, both include all hardware... Found another set for $200 that's only 2 hours away... But he doesn't have the mounting bolts...

If that $100 set was closer I'd get them tomorrow LOL

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Im going to say no, dings gonna happen.
If not a door, something else. joys of ownership.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
132 Posts
Im going to say no, dings gonna happen.
If not a door, something else. joys of ownership.
My angled weld on sliders on my 4runner only stuck out 2 inches at most and still blocked door dings and shopping carts... Unless the door set taller than the sliders... Which was rare.

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you're worried about door dings, park further away. The folks that feel a need to get a "good" parking spot are generally the ones that don't care about other people's cars. Sliders might help for most cars, but bigger trucks/SUVs are what you should worry about. The trucks/SUVs that have big cumbersome doors with a child opening them.

Takes you less than 2 seconds to walk the width of a parking space.

·
Registered
2019 CC V6 Bison
85 Posts
After spending many days searching the internet for rock sliders for my 2018 Colorado z71 ext cab I found a few options but there all very expensive ($1000CAD+). Anyone know of any decent rock sliders that aren't $1000CAD plus, and that come straight out so I still have a step to get in?

Thanks in advance!
If you're looking for quality functional sliders, $1K (USD, including tax and shipping) isn't out of line. For steps to facilitate entry/exit, your Chevy dealer should be able to come up with something a bit cheaper - Chevy accessories If you're a member of Chevy Truck Legends (or qualify and join), there's a twenty percent discount off the posted pricing. Not sure if this is available in Canada or how much GST/PST might be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts