Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where you can get pre-cut clear protection to stick on in front of rear wheels quarter panel?

my 2009 z71 flares on rear were tore up with stone chips and my new 2017 is getting stone chips..

I saw some new 2017 colorados with pre-cut protection in that area but mine did not come with it installed..

i only need that area protected right in front of rear wheels not whole kit for truck ..Thanks..

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I thought it came on all of our trucks right from the factory????

Anyways, Im sure they have it pre-cut from GM but, hopefully someone will chime in with the actual material info. I believe 3M makes it so will most likely be a LOT cheaper if you can buy it in sheets or a roll.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
850 Posts
A lot of tint places here install the clear 3m paint protector film maybe a place like that would cut them for you.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it came on all of our trucks right from the factory????

Anyways, Im sure they have it pre-cut from GM but, hopefully someone will chime in with the actual material info. I believe 3M makes it so will most likely be a LOT cheaper if you can buy it in sheets or a roll.

Anyone?
You could be right.The one I looked like ext cab like mine had it on it...going to dealership sunday will look...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Protectors

Went to chevy dealer today 4, 2017 ext cab trucks.3 had Protectors in front of rear wheel.1 did not ..4 door 2017 did not have the Protectors ...Looked at another dealer and they all had Protectors ..

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Protectors

I called Dealership and they said the plastic film called PROTECTORS is option?Funny its on all the colorados 2017 in lot ext cab.......1 crew cab its not on in lot....mine is ext cab....Also strange would not be on invoice if it was OPTION?

·
Registered
968 Posts
After wheeling for a day I see there are areas that could use protection. I'm going to order one of these liquid film kits.

Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Coating Love Bug Scratch Chip Guard Quart Kit | eBay

If anyone has first hand knowledge please let me know.
I don't recognize that brand, but if it's the same as the roll-on products I've seen people use at track days, it isn't actually very clear and isn't meant to be permanent. Oh yeah, they have a "clear when dry" picture (trying to link it below but if that doesn't work, go back to ebay and take a look). It isn't on par with something like 3M film, appearance-wise.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't recognize that brand, but if it's the same as the roll-on products I've seen people use at track days, it isn't actually very clear and isn't meant to be permanent. Oh yeah, they have a "clear when dry" picture (trying to link it below but if that doesn't work, go back to ebay and take a look). It isn't on par with something like 3M film, appearance-wise.

The area in front of rear wheels is bad area for stone chips..My dealer is ordering the PROTECTOR which was to be installed at factory someone did not do their job....
3m stuff is rated very good and yellows after 5 years or so almost all of them start to fade after 5 years or so ...
placing running boards or nerf boards helps deflect stone chips ..Certain tires hold more stones than others I had tires that threw stones badly and others that did not ..So check and try to see what tires do not pick up stones as much as others it may be hard to find out ..My michelins on my 1998 chevy picked up very little stones but my goodyear wranglers did so bad it tore paint off the flares in 4 years ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.