Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have certainly seen much worse stock tires provided on a factory 4x4 vehicle... I have been impressed with these Goodyear Wranglers w/Kevlar to this point. Have not had a chance to take them off road yet, but on pavement they have little road noise for a somewhat aggressive pattern. How long they last is TBD. But I like the looks of them....

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
For a lot of us they wore fast (20k-25k) and were not good in rain. They are indeed quiet though. :) Some owners have gotten over 40k on them. High speeds, lots of curvy roads and bad road surfaces generally lead to shorter tire life.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
907 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a lot of us they wore fast (20k-25k) and were not good in rain. They are indeed quiet though. :) Some owners have gotten over 40k on them. High speeds, lots of curvy roads and bad road surfaces generally lead to shorter tire life.
Thank you for the response and your experience with them. Did you ever use them off road at all? How did they perform there?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also like the style of them. I only got just under 42,000 miles on my set.
I purchased Continental Terrain Contact AT Tires, I was able to get the White Letter Version from a local dealer $5 less then TireRack for the blackwall
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TerrainContact+A/T&partnum=565SR7TCAT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Colorado 4WD&autoModClar=Extended Cab
Hopefully I can get similar mileage to what what you received. Thanks for the link to what you replaced them with, seems like a slightly less aggressive pattern, probably better on road and mpg wise?

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
Thank you for the response and your experience with them. Did you ever use them off road at all? How did they perform there?
I never used them for rock crawling or serious offroad like I have all the tires after them. On normal dirt forest and ranch roads they worked fine and I never had any problems. They definitely don't like mud but most AT tires have trouble in mud. :)

They are a P-metric tire with a 2ply sidewall and very light so they are not very durable so if you do go off-road with them be sure to carry a patch/plug kit and an air compressor and/or make sure your spare tire is properly inflated and in good shape.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never used them for rock crawling or serious offroad like I have all the tires after them. On normal dirt forest and ranch roads they worked fine and I never had any problems. They definitely don't like mud but most AT tires have trouble in mud. :)

They are a P-metric tire with a 2ply sidewall and very light so they are not very durable so if you do go off-road with them be sure to carry a patch/plug kit and an air compressor and/or make sure your spare tire is properly inflated and in good shape.
Wouldn't the Kevlar component of this tire assist with that durability of the tire off road? Or is it more of a marketing ploy?

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
Wouldn't the Kevlar component of this tire assist with that durability of the tire off road? Or is it more of a marketing ploy?
More of a marketing ploy. They might be better than some non-Kevlar P-metric tires but they are still weak compared to a heavier tire like the Wildpeak AT3W or a higher load range tire.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also like the style of them. I only got just under 42,000 miles on my set.
I purchased Continental Terrain Contact AT Tires, I was able to get the White Letter Version from a local dealer $5 less then TireRack for the blackwall
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TerrainContact+A/T&partnum=565SR7TCAT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Colorado 4WD&autoModClar=Extended Cab
I got 35k out of mine. I have 21k on that same continental. I like the look and traction, but they don't seem to be wearing very well and I'm always having them rebalanced. They've never balanced well and shake over 80 mph. I don't think they are going to last any longer than my Silent Armors did.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hopefully I can get similar mileage to what what you received. Thanks for the link to what you replaced them with, seems like a slightly less aggressive pattern, probably better on road and mpg wise?
I have the same tire. They do great on and off road. I just don't think they are going to last any longer than the OEM silent armors and I've never been happy with the balancing. They pass road force.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
I got 35k out of mine. I have 21k on that same continental. I like the look and traction, but they don't seem to be wearing very well and I'm always having them rebalanced. They've never balanced well and shake over 80 mph. I don't think they are going to last any longer than my Silent Armors did.
I have not had any issues with the balance of mine. But of course I have only put just over 10,000 miles in a little over 8 months. Only issue I have had is a slow leak. Think it is the valve stem itself. Already replaced the valve core.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They're pretty good tires. I put just over 55k on the first set and a little over 50k on the second set. I've never had a problem with them here in southern New England but I'm not big on off-road. Plenty of Forest road, but minimal Rocky trail stuff.

They get LOUD near end of life. Quite annoying, but it grows gradually until you're finally like "damn these things are loud, time to change them"

I haven't shopped around for tires because my dealer sold me tires for life with the truck. I pay $89.99+tax for an alignment and they replace my tires for me. Blasius Chevy in Waterbury, CT if anyone is curious.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed a leveling kit and went slightly larger. Currently I am running 265/70/17 as opposed to the 255/65/17 stock on the z71.
I did the same thing. Just got the BFGs on. Just about perfect to me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They're pretty good tires. I put just over 55k on the first set and a little over 50k on the second set. I've never had a problem with them here in southern New England but I'm not big on off-road. Plenty of Forest road, but minimal Rocky trail stuff.

They get LOUD near end of life. Quite annoying, but it grows gradually until you're finally like "damn these things are loud, time to change them"

I haven't shopped around for tires because my dealer sold me tires for life with the truck. I pay $89.99+tax for an alignment and they replace my tires for me. Blasius Chevy in Waterbury, CT if anyone is curious.

I have NEVER heard of such a deal... "tires for life".... That is a tremendous value...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have NEVER heard of such a deal... "tires for life".... That is a tremendous value...
Yellow sales paper for the tire program purchase price, receipt for the first set of tires from 10/17/17 with 55,698 miles, and a receipt for my second set from 10/7/19 with 109,976 miles.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
That is a great deal for anyone who keeps their vehicles. Looks like all you paid for was the alignment.

·
Registered
343 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts