Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've tried the search on this forum to get an answer, but come up with nothing...the search here is way too loose.

2005 LS Crew Cab

I have the Stock (MP3) HU, with the factory installed XM.

Is it possible to add an iPod adapter?

I read something on here that you are able to connect an aux directly to the Delphi XM unit behind the glovebox. But all there was in that post was just a hint that its possible, but no real info.

I'm definitely not giving up the XM for the iPod...and I'd rather not use a wired FM Modulator because I would like control built into the HU...

Am I asking way to much, or is this possible?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think the stock Delphi/Delco HUs can control an iPod. You can get a PIE XM auxillary input adapter so that you can connect it directly to the HU without an FM modulator relay, provided I think that your radio has a "Band" button on it - but you will have to control it from the iPod itself.

(some info on the PIE, buy it wherever you choose)
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=446

I think you will need to upgrade to an aftermarket HU that supports iPod control in order to get that functionality. Then you will also need a GM "door chime" adapter to hook into that new HU since our door chimes and warning chimes actually come through our stock radios and speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts