Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo is now 90% installed and it's killing me not to be finishing it today but there is a wind chill of -20 outside right now and I have no garage so it will have to wait a little longer.

Thursday I spent almost 10hrs installing 80^ft of Second Skin Damplifier, that was enough for the entire floor, rear wall, and front doors both inter and outer panels, I did one layer everywhere and doubled up in the area bellow the sub. It took way longer than I expected but I didn't rush, I just expected there to be a little more flat area in the truck but everything was contoured. I was left with 1 sheet after that so I ordered 30^ft more Friday to do the rear doors with. This stuff is awesome it made my front door speakers sound 10x better. If you knock on the outside of a untreated door it tings like a tin can, knock on a treated door and it sound solid like knocking on your windshield. To anyone wondering weather the time and money is worth it I'm here to say yes, it's like night and day . I've been into stereos for 10yrs and I'm amazed at the difference it made.

Yesterday I ran my power wire, installed my box with sub and installed my amp. The amp now has power and ground and the remote bass knob is also installed and plugged in. All that is left is to run rca's and speaker wires and then tune it :D .

Hopefully by this time next weekend I'll be done aside from the rear door deadening. I'll post pictures when I finish .

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Ya'll think that's bad...It's 70 here today and yes that's +70. :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jacob78 said:
you still got the old pioneer?
no. all my old stuff is sold

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
yeah i was dealing with an +81 today lol. cant wait to see pics!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I finished everything tonight and I have to say it has great sound quality . It's not going to win any SPL comp and not what I'm used to with 2 12's but it gets loud enough plus it's very clear. I knew it wasn't going to be what I was used to bass wise but accepted that when I decided on a pickup instead of a SUV, it's louder than I thought 1 10" would get. It's my first JL sub and now I see what all the hype is about, even though I still think they are overpriced. I was outside tonight for about 3hrs in 15 degree weather so I didn't take pictures but I'll get them soon and post them.

Still need to deaden my rear doors, 30^ft of Second Skin shipped out to me today.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Good to hear things are working out. You should really enjoy those Quarts even more as they break in.
I had the QSD 216's in mine before upgrading. In fact I'm still running the QTD 25 tweet from that set.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TexasXtreme said:
Good to hear things are working out. You should really enjoy those Quarts even more as they break in.
I had the QSD 216's in mine before upgrading. In fact I'm still running the QTD 25 tweet from that set.
I've had the discus for almost 5yrs ad the comps. for 3yrs so they are well broken in. The Second Skin really helped with the mid bass from the doors, can't wait to get the rears finished 8) .

PS screw all you guys with warm weather, I took a long hot shower and I'm still freezing :(

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Rick7079 said:
TexasXtreme said:
I've had the discus for almost 5yrs ad the comps. for 3yrs so they are well broken in.
Sorry...didn't know that. My bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts