Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Colorado WT Ext Cab 2wd. Just your basic truck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the truck and after talking with the dealer and some friends, i am thinking i may want to put snow tires on for the winter. I am in Upstate NY

Anybody know where to find basic steel wheels in 17 x 8? The dealer wanted 270 per wheel and they would not be available for 8-10 weeks.

Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just bought the truck and after talking with the dealer and some friends, i am thinking i may want to put snow tires on for the winter. I am in Upstate NY

Anybody know where to find basic steel wheels in 17 x 8? The dealer wanted 270 per wheel and they would not be available for 8-10 weeks.

Thanks
Like this? But it’s 17x7. My tire is LT245/70R17.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes - Those are what I am looking for but in the USA.
I got them from SixRobblees in the USA. I don’t know if they exist in the East, or who the Eastern rep might be. I would think you are close enough to Toronto to go pick them up and save shipping cost. They are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I thought the stock steel wheel was a 16". I bought 4 16" steel wheels for my 2018 Z71 and put on Firestone Winterforce tires. I bought the wheels from TireRack. I don't remember what I paid but I know they were reasonable. They look like the spare tire wheel or the base truck wheel. I have used them 1 winter so far and they made a tremendous difference.

·
Registered
21 Colorado WT Ext Cab 2wd. Just your basic truck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the stock steel wheel was a 16". I bought 4 16" steel wheels for my 2018 Z71 and put on Firestone Winterforce tires. I bought the wheels from TireRack. I don't remember what I paid but I know they were reasonable. They look like the spare tire wheel or the base truck wheel. I have used them 1 winter so far and they made a tremendous difference.
Mine came with 17"

·
Registered
646 Posts
Those aren't the stock steel wheels. The stock steel wheels look like the spare wheel. 2019 WT 4X4 came those. Higher trim levels might be different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I know they aren’t the stock wheels. It’s my truck. I know what wheels were on it. My WT came with 16” steel wheels. I bought these for winter tires and I’m going to switch to that tire size year around. The tire diameter is the same as the stock tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts