Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Canyon Denali, 15,500 miles. Great condition. No off road use yet. Just received from dealer used.
Squealing Noise starts when light acceleration and ends at 12-13 mph. No AC on. Sounds like it’s coming from under truck. Sounds like a belt??
thanks for input.

·
Registered
2019 zr2 crew cab. Avs aeroskin hood protector and hs2 havoc step bars. Weather tech splash guards
171 Posts
I had a squealing noise this past Sunday. 25 mph range for about 20 seconds climbing about a 7% grade. 2019 with 17k miles on truck. Mine sounded like it was under hood on driver side best I could tell as the sound was faint. Belt looks dry and it wasn't raining. Only thing in that general area that jumps out is the electric vacuum pump for the power brakes.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I would think belt also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a squealing noise this past Sunday. 25 mph range for about 20 seconds climbing about a 7% grade. 2019 with 17k miles on truck. Mine sounded like it was under hood on driver side best I could tell as the sound was faint. Belt looks dry and it wasn't raining. Only thing in that general area that jumps out is the electric vacuum pump for the power brakes.
Yes seems like same issue. Not sure? Have dealer service appt Saturday. Will update

·
Registered
2017 Canyon AT 4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,363 Posts
2019 Canyon Denali, 15,500 miles. Great condition. No off road use yet. Just received from dealer used.
Squealing Noise starts when light acceleration and ends at 12-13 mph. No AC on. Sounds like it’s coming from under truck. Sounds like a belt??
thanks for input.
I had a similar squeal on my truck a few years back. Only happened at low speeds, and it seemed to be worse in the cold. Although your truck is a little newer, supposedly GM had a bad batch of output shaft seals which caused leaks and squeaks, and they will replace it under warranty. I gave my dealer the info below and they replaced it without hesitation. Haven't had a squeal since:
Cause: 8420330 Front Output Shaft Seal Replacement
Part number: 84146848

1 - 5 of 5 Posts