Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried searched the boards looking for people who have DIY adjustments to their bars. In particular I am looking for what members have done with the Colorado (or Canyon) lettering on the side plates. I am getting Graphite Metallica truck and I want to change the color of the stock lettering. I thought about maybe even getting the lettering cut out and maybe installing some acrylic behind it with a LED lamp overhead glowing through the acrylic.... I dunno. Any thoughts or DIY success stories out there? Cheers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have tried searched the boards looking for people who have DIY adjustments to their bars. In particular I am looking for what members have done with the Colorado (or Canyon) lettering on the side plates. I am getting Graphite Metallica truck and I want to change the color of the stock lettering. I thought about maybe even getting the lettering cut out and maybe installing some acrylic behind it with a LED lamp overhead glowing through the acrylic.... I dunno. Any thoughts or DIY success stories out there? Cheers.
Can't find the link, but there was a guy from Bakersfield, CA I believe that was selling a sports bar (in the For Sale section) that had changed the panel to be lighted. Pretty easy change out looks to be. Just a matter of pulling the Torx screws and fitting in the new.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
GM performance parts carries different colors, so the salesman told me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got home with the new truck. I did not realize that the plate behind the Colorado cut out was removable. So that changes everything. My wife likes the Red lettering, it matches the "Z" on the "Z71" decals. I am leaning towards painting it Graphite metallic to match the truck... she likely wins :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can take out the panel, and put Vinyl over it and reinstall it. That's how GM gets the red lettering, it is simply red vinyl on the black powder coated plate.

If you want to add lights, it's a little more involved, but still, relatively easy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dude, you had me thinking there was a "Metallica" edition! :surprise::

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I betcha its just a flashlight back there, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.