Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have discussed this on other sites. I haven't heard of any great solutions without cutting the sport bar. Something I hate to do to a new truck. Has any one come up with an idea for how to do both?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the factory sport bar and put the Truxedo Lo-Pro on mine. easy install, no cutting or shaping. I did put some black silicone around the base of the bar just to try to insure there was not water getting in. It does leak a bit around the front but that could probably be solved by re-positioning the weather stripping.

since this is my first post, don't know if the picture will attach properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem with the tab. there is weather stripping that goes around it that the rails but up against. Even though it's not really a problem that's the part I put the black silicone on just to be sure. The cover has a release mechanism so when the tailgate is locked the cover can't be opened. but when it rolls up against the front of the bed it is practically completely out of the way of the bed.

The way the rails fit down low make it perfect, so I installed LED bed lights that are hidden by the rails. then wired those to the cargo light switch.

for the price I paid for the cover couldn't be happier with the look and fit.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
also, if you have a short box, I have my softroll ready to go for $100 (paid 280) modified for the sports bar, here's a pic of it with my old white truck

I Have a long bed now, so I can't use it

here is where I got it from, I cut a little where the rear sports bar meets the inside of the bed, as shows in the thread above, it's cut to fit the sports bar
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YFGRDF0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
350 Posts
Loving my Gatortrax retractable cover on my ZR2!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Couple more of the cut around.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just drilled trough the side rail. Rivet nuts- that's how the sports bar is assembled-fun fact.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts