Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this is far fetched, but I picked up a 06 Colorado, 2 door, 4 cyl, 5 speed, on a trade.
The whole truck is going to be a slow project/toy build. Going to play with it and experiment on her.

I will be doing a 4.8 or 5.3 turbo build on her eventually, hell maybe LS1.

I also want to do some serious suspension work.

Im thinking about doing a swap mod with maybe an f- body camaro, yes I understand these are completely different setups, but I think it might be fun to try and make it work.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
You may just want to start with the ZQ8 suspension that is pretty good and begin to tune with that. Adjust the springs and bars along with the bushings.

To do a total swap from an F body would take a lot of good engineering knowledge, a lot of money and probably not net much in results.

You can even add a Ridetech air spring set up to lower it. They do a lot of good handling kits.

I used to autocross a Sonoma with the ZQ8 stock and I would out run some cars that were prepped for autocross. With some tuning and tires I could have really improved the performance even more.

Also skip the turbo. Just go with a higher HP new Chevy V8 or a supercharged model. Less heat and you do not have to engineer it to work as they sell the parts to do much of the swap.

I see people with really big and cool ideas everyday and too often they get started but never get finished as they are just too complicated or never sorted out properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts