Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Colorado with a 6' bed and currently have two Apex ladder racks in my bed that I use to tow a 10' kayak around, one by the cab and another at the gate. Typical setup I think. Anyway, I really like the look of the sport bars like the trail boss edition has, but I'm not sure how I would tow the kayak with the bar, as I don't really want to have the sport bar and then one ladder rack at the back to balance. I was thinking of a bed extender and just tying it down and propped up, cause I did that once before when I had to tow a second kayak, but wasn't sure if anyone else with sport bars had a better way. Photo attached. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ya looking at mine and your ladder rack the front would be on the roof. Sport bar is below the roof line with just the lights coming over. You could make a attachment to hook on the sport bar though which would work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's another thing i didn't think of, my ladder rack is higher than the roof and i'd still probably need another rack on the roof anyway even if i wanted the sport bar cause it's lower than where the kayak would be. talked to a friend of mine and he suggested a hitch mounted rack and the sport bar. I've attached a better view of my ladder rack.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.