Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been obsessing over the sports bar since I bought this truck a couple of weeks ago. I traded my Camaro in on this truck and I need to make it look sexy so I miss the sports car less... I'm waiting on a prorated refund on a warranty from a trade so I've got time to find the best deal and eventually the money to buy it.

So far I have found the stock sports bar at https://www.gmpartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/gm-bed-mounted-sport-bar-package-23325905 for about $730 but I have not looked at shipping. I've also seen the light bar on the same sight for the same price so just over $1400, which is about my total budget, for the two and I'm almost tempted to pop on that but I have not checked out shipping and it does not seem to indicate whether or not it comes with all wire harness', for that price it dang sure better... I would love to have the light bar but this is getting just stupid on how much I'm trying to spend so I'm half way talking myself out of it and I'm considering trying the gorhino one that I've seen for like $650 but again have not looked at shipping yet. Does that about cover it or is there a better price to be had?

If I talk myself out of the light bar and or find a great deal I might have some room to play and maybe look at some rims or a bully bar or ??? I don't know if there are any vendors on this site but feel free to make me an offer on a package deal.

·
Registered
802 Posts
search ebay by part @ 23325905, there's a dealer at $689 plus $75 flat ship fee, harness included, no leds though. I've been looking for a while, that's the best oem price you will find.
ends in 12 hours but will be relisted right after. He has 10 or more avail.

Reactions: greco2003

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The sports bar is so 80's and having lights behind the cab pointed forward is pointless IMHO. You want sexy, put a Rino Rack on the roof with lights on the front. That is sexy and functional.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine looks a little different, I had the side plate of mine powder coated white to match the body of the truck. I'll try and get a pic or two later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one in Wisconsin that I would love to get rid of, its just sitting so nicely in my garage waiting for someone to come get it, at a great price. If anyone can figure out a cheap and easy way for me to ship it to them I will gladly make a sweet deal for the bar (No off road lights).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I emailed the ebay guy to see if he can bundle the lights and or do a group buy. I'll check back in here once I get a reply. If he says yet I have no idea how to do the logistics on a group buy but it is worth a shot to bring these inflated prices down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one in Wisconsin that I would love to get rid of, its just sitting so nicely in my garage waiting for someone to come get it, at a great price. If anyone can figure out a cheap and easy way for me to ship it to them I will gladly make a sweet deal for the bar (No off road lights).
I just checked and Milwaukee is an 8 hour drive so that is a big much but if you are going to be anywhere near Kansas City any time soon we could work something out.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I just checked and Milwaukee is an 8 hour drive so that is a big much but if you are going to be anywhere near Kansas City any time soon we could work something out.
You guys should meet halfway. Fun day for both of you. I do this often, I raise exotic cats and when you get up to 1k for a kitten you have incentive to accommodate buyers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I emailed the ebay guy to see if he can bundle the lights and or do a group buy. I'll check back in here once I get a reply. If he says yet I have no idea how to do the logistics on a group buy but it is worth a shot to bring these inflated prices down.
Not much logistics, just gather names of who wants in on the buy in and everyone pays the guys and he ships it out.

FYI I have contacted the seller in the past and he wouldn't budge on the price, maybe with a group buy in he will be more motivated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not much logistics, just gather names of who wants in on the buy in and everyone pays the guys and he ships it out.

FYI I have contacted the seller in the past and he wouldn't budge on the price, maybe with a group buy in he will be more motivated.
He responded back and said that is the lowest possible price and the best he could maybe do would be to package the freight into one shipment to one address which would be a nightmare. Oh well I tried.

·
Registered
802 Posts
He responded back and said that is the lowest possible price and the best he could maybe do would be to package the freight into one shipment to one address which would be a nightmare. Oh well I tried.
yup, I asked the same question with a kicker, suggested he let us apply the Gm 10% on line cpn to price match, same reply! NO

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Have you considered the Go Rhino bar at all or do you want to stay with the GM part?

Reactions: maxbee25

·
Vendor
415 Posts
No worries. Just thought I'd toss that out there as it could probably be had a bit cheaper.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you considered the Go Rhino bar at all or do you want to stay with the GM part?

I prefer the GM one but it is getting pretty expensive to add the GM lights on top so I would consider the Rhino and forgo the light bar. But I've not seen the Rhino being any cheaper than the $689-731 I can find the stock one for or it might sway me. I'm waiting on a refund from the warranty on the car I traded so I've got a little bit longer to keep looking...

·
Registered
113 Posts

I prefer the GM one but it is getting pretty expensive to add the GM lights on top so I would consider the Rhino and forgo the light bar. But I've not seen the Rhino being any cheaper than the $689-731 I can find the stock one for or it might sway me. I'm waiting on a refund from the warranty on the car I traded so I've got a little bit longer to keep looking...
You don't have to buy the GM lights. Get the bar and add aftermarket lights. The GM lights are expensive compared to other lights on the market

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.