Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A small update. I’m sending out a test batch to be anodized. So I will have 5 available in about a week if the anodizing is acceptable. They will be gold. Seems no one is doing yellow unless I want to pay for them to dump a tank and switch colors. I’ll post again with details and pricing once I get them back it they are acceptable.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ditto, I'm interested

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the samples back from the anodizer. They were not acceptable. I think the error was mine due to the finish left by the scotch bright. So I’m going to talk to the anodize to confirm and then come up with a solution, that will probably involve tumbling in two types of media. One benefit is I won’t have to hand deburr anymore.

Fluid Circuit component Gas Nickel Electronic component

·
Premium Member
2021 White DCLB Z71 Duramax, S&B, Provent 200, Kicker Sub and Main Amp, Decked, stubbyJr
109 Posts
I got the samples back from the anodizer. They were not acceptable. I think the error was mine due to the finish left by the scotch bright. So I’m going to talk to the anodize to confirm and then come up with a solution, that will probably involve tumbling in two types of media. One benefit is I won’t have to hand deburr anymore.

View attachment 417075
Progress! Looking good, are you thinking the scotch bright made the anodizing dull? I think you were going for more of a yellow gold to match oem? Either way this piece looks like a great replacement for the flimsy plastic one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Small update. Confirmed with the anodizer my finish was the problem. So did some research and ordered two types of tumbling media: green plastic pyramids and ceramic balls. The green pyramids de-burr and remo tool marks. The ceramic balls will polish to a mirror finish giving what I hope will be a spectacular result. I’m running tests now to deter how many hours each will take to give the desi results. So i should be able to ship the new samples to the anodizer this week. Turn around time takes a couple of weeks and I still need to produce the first batch of 100 parts, but it looks like I should be able to take orders and ship in a month. I’ll post a link to the order site when I have product to sell. So some of you should have them before Christmas.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got the samples back from the anodizer and I’m pleased. Here’s some photos. Now I have to crank out a hundred of these for the first batch. I need to get them done so I can ship by Monday. They told me there is a 2-3 week backlog. So it’s going to be a mad rush to get them back in time to sell them for Christmas. Covid has slowed everything down so much. The one with the blue o-ring is the new finish.
Wood Household hardware Fastener Metal Font

Household hardware Rectangle Liquid Gas Plumbing fitting

21 - 40 of 57 Posts