Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, new to the forums here and just got a new 2018 Colorado Z71. I've been browsing the site and reading as much as I can and I already have a huge list of modifications and things I want to do. I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything so please be nice if this has already been asked:

I like to do as much OEM looking installs as I can, which usually includes cutting dash panels for switches and modifying bezels and things to meet my needs. In all my previous vehicles I usually will buy a factory replacement piece and then modify that so I have the original to go back to as a backup or when I go to sell it in the future. Do you guys have any sources for interior panels and bezels etc? An example would be the center console plastic between the shifter and the armrest storage. I'd like to modify the plastic but want to be able to go back to the original later. (I know I picked a rather large piece for my example, a smaller example would be the credit card holder/Trailer brake piece)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As a former Kodiak resident, I can tell you that shipping will most likely be the biggest hassle especially on the larger pieces. I still remember having a set of 33" mounted on the rims shipped, not only did it take over a month to get to Kodiak, but the cost of shipping was almost as much as the tires and rims.

Generally, ebay has parts that have been pulled from other vehicles. Amazon also has some listed and RockAuto is getting more parts available on a regular basis.

As for search on the forum, I find it easier to go to google and start the search with ColoradoFans and then what I'm looking for. The google bots do a job of indexing and sorting the hits to make easy to find the posts that contain the data you are looking for.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Gmpartsdirect.com is a site that has all the parts. There are several more like it. You can search on the site for what you need, or google search to find the part number then enter that in the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. As a former Kodiak resident, I can tell you that shipping will most likely be the biggest hassle especially on the larger pieces. I still remember having a set of 33" mounted on the rims shipped, not only did it take over a month to get to Kodiak, but the cost of shipping was almost as much as the tires and rims.
Yeah! I hear you there! I'm down in Southeast, but I just generally accept the fact that everything will cost double because of shipping. Haha.

Thanks for all the other information guys! I've looked on ebay and amazon already but thanks for the other sites, I'll check those out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.