Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Almost a year later, and GM delivers.

Didn't see any mention of the latest SB (Sorry if it was mentioned), but figured I'd update the thread with it.

SB #19-NA-007 will replace the surge tank for one that hopefully eliminates this rushing water sound.

Any idea of the new part number? If it's cheap I may just do it myself rather than worry they try to do other updates I dont want done

·
Registered
139 Posts
I need to do the same on mine. The two most annoying sounds in my truck are the water woosh sound and the seat belt clanking.
I just did mine. There is actually a coolant fill procedure in the manual which is pretty simple. No more sloshing. Glad I found this thread. The second most annoying noise for me is the horn/airbag module rattling in the steering wheel...
Update

I noticed after they replaced my resivor tank a few days after the coolant level was at the bottom of the arrow! I bought some coolant from the dealership topped it off to where the other members here have mentioned and noise is gone! Thank you for this post and info @DieselDrax!
My other issue is the air bag rattle! Is there a fix yet for this??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I over filled my tank by 1/2" as recommended on this forum. I also ran truck for 1 hr with cap loose. once every 3 weeks or so, I hear a tiny rushing noise[Way Less than before] which goes away after driving about 1 city block or sometimes 200'.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
@The Truck Similar boat. After filling up 1/2 over the sound has been about 98% gone. I don't think I heard it once this week so far and it's about 3 weeks since I did it. Probably going to skip the TSB tank replacement. I trust my dealer but whats not broke dont need fixing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
@The Truck Similar boat. After filling up 1/2 over the sound has been about 98% gone. I don't think I heard it once this week so far and it's about 3 weeks since I did it. Probably going to skip the TSB tank replacement. I trust my dealer but whats not broke dont need fixing.

Depending on what tank they are replacing I might just do the fix myself if we can find the part number somewhere. My buddy works the dealer I bought my truck from so I am thinking about taking the truck in to get them to fix the “lean” & tank at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
@The Truck Similar boat. After filling up 1/2 over the sound has been about 98% gone. I don't think I heard it once this week so far and it's about 3 weeks since I did it. Probably going to skip the TSB tank replacement. I trust my dealer but whats not broke dont need
fixing.

Depending on what tank they are replacing I might just do the fix myself if we can find the part number somewhere. My buddy works the dealer I bought my truck from so I am thinking about taking the truck in to get them to fix the “lean” & tank at the same time.

Here is the part number for the replacement resivor.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Awesome, thank you.

Got any pics of the new tank? Is there any noticeable change?

***EDIT*** Sweet baby jesus nearly $100 for an overflow tank :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome, thank you.

Got any pics of the new tank? Is there any noticeable change?

***EDIT*** Sweet baby jesus nearly $100 for an overflow tank /forums/images/ColoradoFans_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Tank looks the same! Would be best to replace it under warranty!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Update

I noticed after they replaced my resivor tank a few days after the coolant level was at the bottom of the arrow! I bought some coolant from the dealership topped it off to where the other members here have mentioned and noise is gone! Thank you for this post and info @DieselDrax!
My other issue is the air bag rattle! Is there a fix yet for this??

The air bag rattle.. what is it sounding like cause I’m starting to hear a sound like a clip is loose when I go over bumps

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you guys so much for continuing to post information about this. I've been listening to this gurgling for more than 3 years. Time for action.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I tried cracking the cap a little amd running the heater on my 20 or so mile highway trip home. Just ended up with coolant spewed out. That's just barely loose.

Coolant level was already over the arrow line, now its even. Still get the water slushing sound. Probably will take it to the dealer if I ever get time and ha e them burp it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If I had to bet there must be a high spot or a "weird" spot where the air is getting stuck and just cant escape.

Its not the simple days of two big hoses for the rad and two small one for the heater core any more.

If air was getting into the system, youd most likely see bubbles in the res.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had the gurgling sound in the dash since mid-2015. Two weeks ago I finally got enough of it, and bought some coolant. With the engine fully warm from the evening commute, I overfilled the reservoir by 1/2, closed it back up, drove the truck up on some ramps on my steep driveway, and sat in it and revved it to 3000 and held it for a few seconds 20-25 times. Backed it off the ramps, and then drove the right side up on a single ramp, and repeated.

At this point, I could see air bubbles coming in into the reservoir through the top-right hose.

Took it off the ramp, and let it sit overnight. No more gurgling, and happy about it.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Looks the same no difference!
Tank probably looks the same on the outside, but the internal piping may be different. Has to be. They wouldn’t of just made the same tank and put a different part number on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Water sound from glove box

I recall seeing a post about an issue with the coolant reservoir causing a rushing water sound from the glovebox area. Did that ever get a fix? I’m coming up on an oil change and will have the dealer investigate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recently had my resivor tank replaced a few months back. Like the forum said my level was at the bottom of the arrow. I then filled it up to the top of the arrow mark as recommended on here and noise went away. This was about 2000 miles ago just yesterday the noise returned slightly so I checked the tank level today and noticed it was at the bottom of the arrow mark. Is slightly loosing coolant normal? I haven't noticed any leaks. I hate to take it to the dealership if its normal to loose a little coolant due to evaporation. Anyone had this issue? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I recently had my resivor tank replaced a few months back. Like the forum said me level was at the bottom of the arrow. I then filled it up to the top of the arrow mark as recommended on here and noise went away. This was about 2000 miles ago just yesterday the noise returned slightly so I checked the tank level today and noticed it was at the bottom of the arrow mark. Is slightly loosing coolant normal? I haven't noticed any leaks. I hate to take it to the dealership if its normal to loose a little coolant due to evaporation. Anyone had this issue? Thank you!
Coolant loss isn't normal, but if there was still some air in the system that worked its way back to the surge tank then that would drop the level. If you top it off again and the level drops again then you may have an issue. I had to top mine off a couple of times due to residual air in the system, but once the air was out the level hasn't changed at all except for normal changes w/ coolant temp and expansion/contraction.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts