Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I believe somebody has. It would require the removal of the backseat for sure because they require so much airspace. There is probably enough room for 1 18 or 2-3 10s or 12s. they are air space hungry! IF you aren't just stuck on kicker like i was maybe look at http://www.ficaraudio.com . they have some nice subs that can be just as nice and nicer then the kickers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SoloX needs a minimum of 6ft of airspace to sound right and an amp big enough for it is gunna need at least 2 more batterys. If you do a solox you will need to port the cab and put it in the bed. If I were you I would try the solo-baric. Loud as crap and and alot less of a pain. 2 15'solobaric would be just as good in the back. With an amp big enough for them (like 2 1000x1 kicker) it they should hit around 148-150. But then you will will still have to get batteries. If you dont have a built altanator you will need 1 battery for about every 1000watts of RMS.

·
Registered
389 Posts
L7SoloBaric said:
SoloX needs a minimum of 6ft of airspace to sound right and an amp big enough for it is gunna need at least 2 more batterys. If you do a solox you will need to port the cab and put it in the bed. If I were you I would try the solo-baric. Loud as crap and and alot less of a pain. 2 15'solobaric would be just as good in the back. With an amp big enough for them (like 2 1000x1 kicker) it they should hit around 148-150. But then you will will still have to get batteries. If you dont have a built altanator you will need 1 battery for about every 1000watts of RMS.
You will need an upgraded alternator regardless of how many batteries you have. Adding batterys only puts more strain on the under powering alternator.

Second. You can easily fit a 6^3 foot box inside of the cab. I have a 10 cubic foot box in my crew cab and easily have room for one over twice the size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bbrownderville said:
L7SoloBaric said:
You will need an upgraded alternator regardless of how many batteries you have. Adding batterys only puts more strain on the under powering alternator.

Second. You can easily fit a 6^3 foot box inside of the cab. I have a 10 cubic foot box in my crew cab and easily have room for one over twice the size.
Ok, Im new to these trucks and didnt know how much space the crew cabs have.

As for the batteries its a good idea to get an alternater but I know alot of people that added batteries (1per thousand watts) and have never had problems witht the altnators or batteries. But these people like me only play there subs when they need them so the batteries never get low enough to strain the alternator.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
L7SoloBaric said:
Maybe not the alternator but I would add 2 batteries
I have to disagree. Alternator before extra Batteries.

·
Registered
389 Posts
L7SoloBaric said:
Maybe not the alternator but I would add 2 batteries
If you are adding additional batteries for audio purposes, upgrade your alternator. It doesn't matter if you are just occasionally using your system, it will put additional stress on the alternator which over time creates problems. Adding batteries without upgrading the alternator is like adding a power cap.. it just covers up the problem.

That is just my $.02. Dont listen to me though, I just happen to be very informational when it comes to custom audio.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what i read everywhere, i thought it was weird
i was being told to add batterys, since it seems like they just help
when the truck is shut off
i don't know much about alternators or batterys.
but i have seen 200amp alternators for my truck.
If i have one of those and the best deep cycle battery out
will i be fine?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i would get the alternator first. call up Dom Iraggi does great work. get a built alternator from him.

Then, look into kinetic batteries. you could probably get a 2000-2400 battery from them and be fine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
yea.. get one of the kinetics and put it under the hood. A lil pricey but you get what you pay for. the good thing about them is they discharge and recharge at extremely fast rates so, they provide the power for the amp sucking low notes ...and then recharge quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts