Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trading in my 2019 ZR2 diesel so I'm selling a set of low and high beam Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 with the anti flicker harness for the low beam set and cap extension for a Chevy ZR2.

I purchased these LEDs bulbs on January 27th 2021 and it toke a month to get them.

CORRECTION: I purchased them on December 28th, 2020, however due to missing items such as the cap extensions, the back-ordered low beam bulbs and that I realized I needed the anti flicker harness. Both set ended up being installed in early February of 2021.

These bulbs are fantastic but expensive, I paid over $400 for the two sets. I think they are now $450.

IMHO well worth the money, makes a huge difference.

I'll take $300 + shipping OBO

I'll provide the proof of purchase so you can enjoy the three year warranty that goes along with the bulbs. .

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I will confirm this is an awesome upgrade for. These w stroke 3.0s make the stock projector work very well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These are the low beam bulb set with the anti flicker:
($244..00)

These are the high bean set:
($195.00)

$300.00 for these lights is a deal, I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definitely interested any before and after pics? Any picks of the cap extensions? Assuming you installed them, did you get flashed with them, any oncoming driver feedback?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely interested any before and after pics? Any picks of the cap extensions? Assuming you installed them, did you get flashed with them, any oncoming driver feedback?
I originally purchased two sets of cap extensions, but only used one set for the low bean. There's was no need for them in the hi-bean, since the bulbs fit fine without them.

So these extension caps are new, I tried looking for the bill to check the price didn't find it. But it wasn't expensive, I think something around $12 for the pair.

They are rubber, you'll need 2 1/4" hole saw/drill. when you drill out the cap you must favor towards the 12 o'clock position, because the back of the bulb is not centered to the cap.

Yes: the low beam bulbs were installed for about a month and half, while the hi-beams were on for three weeks.

I don't have before and after photos, but they were amazing compared to the factory and better than the previous set of LEDs that are mentioned a lot in this forum. (DD)

I will ship them in the original packaging.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I’ll PM you a little later, running out for the day
While i was doing a little more research trying answer your cap question I realized I was mistaken on time frame and I want to make sure I correct my mistake:

Ordered both sets on December 28th.
Received a B/O notification for the hi-beams on the 29th.
Received the low-beams on January 6th 2021
I realized they didn't fit and that they flickered. So I removed them and ordered the anti flicker, and the cap extensions. I received the anti flicker on January 23rd and don't recall the exact date the caps came in, but I did install them at the same time. So the Low beams were installed in late January or early February.

I received the back/ordered hi-beams early February (2nd). so in all honestly I was wrong they have both been installed within a week or two of each-other.

So in all likelyhood they have been on the truck for just under 2 months.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same bulbs. They're quality. I am only running the low beams. They did not flicker in my truck at all. Also, the DRL dimming function does not work on my truck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same bulbs. They're quality. I am only running the low beams. They did not flicker in my truck at all. Also, the DRL dimming function does not work on my truck.
There's a dramatic difference when these bulbs are installed.

There's folks out there removing the whole headlight to swap out the projectors. I thought about going in that direction, however after installing these bulbs I feel they eliminate the need to do any of that. Furthermore it's a simple install and the improvement is outstanding, it saved me all that work in a projector swap and the expense.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pleasant transaction, and great communication. Everything you want from a seller on these forums. Thanks for the deal on some great lights =D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pleasant transaction, and great communication. Everything you want from a seller on these forums. Thanks for the deal on some great lights =D

Thanks!!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. I think they're a great upgrade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts