Discussion Starter #1
...the lyrics to my early 90s fav song Informer by Snow :rofl

The lyrics to the chorus go:

Informer
You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame
A licky boom boom down
(de)Tective man he say, say daddy me snow stab someone down the lane
A licky boom boom down

C'mon i know some of you know who im talkin about right? I can't beleive this made VH1's awesomely bad songs lol. Look it up on Itunes youll remember :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
No i got it on my ipod, its a shitty song now. When it was first made it was a good song, frigging cool as hell. Although i agree the gue that sang it never really was understandable

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I always wondered what the f' he said....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I always said:

Informer
a dsjkdfgjnADSflsngldsjkfbkadgnaldfk apple plane
A licky boom boom down
detective man he say asgfadhfsfynadfvasrgadth
A licky boom boom down

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Playing the song now, and he's clearly saying:
"Informer you know so-so some snow buddy ate a clam
A licky boom boom dam
Take your monday sissy don't let me snow me stop
Snow bow* down Malay
A licky boom boom dam"

I used to sing it like this when it first hit the airwaves. I still do, actually. It came out in 93. I turned nine that year. I bet my mom loved me saying "A licky boom boom dam". :lol:

*bow: like bow and arrow

Playing that one always gets me going. They owned the radio with this in the 90s.

This is one of those dynamic songs. My compressor is owning it. :lol:

I miss those.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Can anyone name another song he did?

Without searching?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was never a fan, but I did own the cassette tape (remember those) ...LOL. One of my friends stole it from a record shop and didn't like it so somehow I ended up with it, and believe it or not I still have the tape. haha I had just turned 10 yrs old when it was released.. lol damn lam getting old.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ZQ85cyl5speed said:
Can anyone name another song he did?

Without searching?
Yea there was murder love, lady in red dress? and lonely lonely? I think thats all i can think of.

Yea I know i have his cassette single somewhere. It was in a cardboard box with Informer on one side and Lonely Lonely on the other right?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Dammed if I know. I remember rocking that in my yellow Sony sports walkman back in the day, but I doubt I ever flipped it over. My former band covered that song one night at a bar on the beach just for fun, and it got a huge response from all the drunk spring breakers.

[EDIT] Ohh, it was called "Lonely Monday Morning". I saw that when I was looking the lyrics for that song up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts