Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is a Toyota technician and the other day we were talkin about leaf springs some how. i was bitchin how my truck squats like crazy with a decent load in the back, and he says tacos have the same problem. here is the thing tho, they are fixing anyones truck who complains about it. there fix is installing new leaf springs all together with a 4th leaf.

WTF? GM should man up and fix ours as well!!!! instead they just say, oh thats normal. so then we either put in an add a leaf, or air bags ourselves. LAME.

rant over.

·
Registered
401 Posts
the truck squats with a load because your (and mine) truck is a Z71. The Z71 trucks have always had the lowest payload capacity because they have the softest springs. The same is true in the fullsize trucks, reg 4wd has higher payload than Z71, all other options being equal.

From what I've read I believe the Toyota's condition is more of a design flaw, where the leaf springs sag excessively on their own, not during heavy loads only.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I thought the Z85 and Z71 had the same spring pack? Or is it just the pack has the same ride height?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the toyota problem is for all models, including the trd sport and off road packages.

i already have my pro comp add a leaf on order, and im gonna do the install myself along with my rancho shocks, TB crank and diff drop. it just sucks i have to pay for it.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
HowNowBrownCow said:
the toyota problem is for all models, including the trd sport and off road packages.

i already have my pro comp add a leaf on order, and im gonna do the install myself along with my rancho shocks, TB crank and diff drop. it just sucks i have to pay for it.
Got a part number/link for info on this part?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the pro comp add a leaf? i dont have a number for it yet, but it should be here early next week. i went with pro comp because there AAL is only a 1.5" lift supposedly. i just measured my stock leaf and ordered one that should fit, i think its coming from http://www.4wheelparts.com
i didnt want to raise the rear end up to high because my sport bike would be a bia to load back there.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I am looking for one less than the RCC25 which is the skyjacker that I had on my truck. The website says not available for our trucks yet. Can you let me know the installed height when you get it in?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will do man, hopefully it will fit with out issues.
i hope to have the lift i put together on my truck in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
as far as the suspension on the taco not only is the rear leaf the same but the entire front suspension is the same as the the rado'z. i worked for yota for a year and a half and discovered that when they changed the design for the taco'z toyota was way to lazy to design their own suspension so they copied the gm mini truck suspension.

To further prove their laziness when to 05 tundra'z came out they switched to non serviceable transmission (ones with no dipstick) and within 12-15k miles we were steadily replacing transmissions because they half ass copied the design and could not get it right. manufacturers are gettin lazy. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts