Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small tinny rattle coming from my drivers side mirror, It is very faint and pretty much nobody but the driver will hear it but its definitely there. I notice it pretty much anytime my driver window is down and is most noticeable driving around 15-30 mph over small bumpy road. It sounds like someone is tapping a needle on metal, has anyone encountered this? Ive taken the whole mirror apart and cant locate the exact area its coming from.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Yes, I had this. If you pull the mirror part off you’ll see a little metal tab on the left. It needs to be bent outwards slightly to put pressure on it and that will stop the rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Is that where that rattle is coming from... it’s annoying and couldn’t figure out where it was.. thanks!!!!

Yup. It’ll still rattle with the mirror part removed, the housing puts pressure on the tab once you put it back in. I noticed the rattle the most when closing the door after getting out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the whole mirror apart and drove with the mirror and rear housing off and it was still there...at least I thought so but I will try this and report back!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Well, it’s possible you have a different rattle but this was a metallic, coin-in-soda-can-like rattle and now it’s gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks!! Had some time and bam.. fixed.. thanks again.. but now I find I hear another rattle coming from either under the dash or engine bay.. it seems like it only happens when it’s cold or on bumpy roads.. sounds like a click.. any ideas? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks!! Had some time and bam.. fixed.. thanks again.. but now I find I hear another rattle coming from either under the dash or engine bay.. it seems like it only happens when it’s cold or on bumpy roads.. sounds like a click.. any ideas? Thanks again!!
Theres a thread for that - http://coloradofans.com/forums/226-diesel/308842-low-rpm-rattle-firewall-fixed.html

http://coloradofans.com/forums/385-2nd-gen-how-tutorials/352457-how-fix-ecu-rattle-firewall-diesel-canyon-colorado.html

Says its the ECU against the firewall. Some double sided foam tape does the trick

·
Registered
309 Posts

He said the rattle is on the driver side. ECU rattle comes from the passenger side, so I don think that’s the case here. Correct?

I also have a driver’s side rattle that the dealer hasn’t figured out after FIVE trips in. They finally gave up and told me it’s normal. It drives me insane.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don’t know exactly where it is coming from but I know my passenger can hear it too. I will check the firewall tomorrow and report back. Thanks again

Could it be a rattle from the battery terminals? Kind of sounds like it

I think we have the same rattle. I thought maybe it was the strut loose underneath the battery. I feel your pain. Maybe we can figure this out together lol.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don’t know exactly where it is coming from but I know my passenger can hear it too. I will check the firewall tomorrow and report back. Thanks again

Could it be a rattle from the battery terminals? Kind of sounds like it

I’m going to get under the hood and underbody and check some things out today. I’ll post my findings.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I was able to resolve all my rattles when I dropped a couple grand into new stereo components the week I got my truck. Haven't heard a rattle since then. >:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I had this. If you pull the mirror part off you’ll see a little metal tab on the left. It needs to be bent outwards slightly to put pressure on it and that will stop the rattle.

Thanks for the tip friend....that fixed an annoying buzz that I have had for 2 years!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts