Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Afaik, there is no powered option on the twins on any trim level.

·
Registered
972 Posts
They should allow an option to delete it.
I don't understand why they even offer it. Originally these were pass through devices for campers on full size trucks. Campers are not that common now, particularly on mid-size trucks. I can't imagine driving with one of them open unless my bed were perfectly clean, and not even then. What are they for?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I tried to get it deleted when I ordered but couldn't. Dealer said it was possible to swap it out with a WT rear window but then I'd lose the heating elements in the window so if it fogged up that would be pain. The slider portion doesn't seem to fit very snug either.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
They should allow an option to delete it.
I don't understand why they even offer it. Originally these were pass through devices for campers on full size trucks. Campers are not that common now, particularly on mid-size trucks. I can't imagine driving with one of them open unless my bed were perfectly clean, and not even then. What are they for?
There are a lot if these trucks with canopies I noticed. So the slider is still a good option for pass thru in that case. I don't have a canopy but I use slider for dog to poke his head out.
As mentioned if you open side windows there is too much buffeting, with the slider you get airflow without buffeting. To prevent debris from box blowing back in slider window , my Dee Zee tool box changes the swirl and nothing blows back in. I wish it were power operated, but I have to open rear door to let dog out so grabbing the window and closing it is no problem for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of all the pick-ups I've owned, I've never had a sliding rear window. I always thought it would be cool to have for the dog. Bummer they're not power.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Useless pain in the butt on my 2019 Z71 crew cab. You have to open the back door and reach in and open and close it (obviously can't reach it from drivers seat) They should allow an option to delete it.
Yep. I tried to order my Z71 without it but at the time, you couldnt (not sure if you can delete it now or not)
Regardless....3 1/2 years and it hasnt been opened yet. Might as well glue the window in place.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
There are a lot if these trucks with
Seems like dogs like it, so I guess that's okay. ;-)

I did overstate the case a bit, asking they they even offer it. I should have merely asked why they make it effectively standard in the numbers they do.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It is something I have don’t use and even if it was power still would not use.
My 2015 Silverado had a power slider and I used it a lot. I'm a fresh air kind of guy (love convertibles) and you can get a great draft with the slider open and the windows down. I would have ordered it in a New York minute if it had been available.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Oh I know the feeling as I am a sun roof t top guy.

But the window on the trucks are small and I just get dirt etc
In the back.

If the whole rear window went down vs a small square I may think different. I think Nissan or Toyota offered it at one time.

My father would buy a new hard top every year and I loved 470 air. 4 windows at 70 mph as he called it. I loved the missing post.

I am a summer guy. Some people drink for stress but I remove my t tops in my one car.

I just hope the next gen has a sun roof.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
31 Participants
unit505
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing