Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm getting ready to order a diesel Colorado but I'm really not happy with having a rear sliding window, is there a way to get one with a solid one piece rear window, Is that even an option? Who would I talk to about that... Any info is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Hey guys I'm getting ready to order a diesel Colorado but I'm really not happy with having a rear sliding window, is there a way to get one with a solid one piece rear window, Is that even an option? Who would I talk to about that... Any info is appreciated, thanks!
Negotiate it with your dealer, otherwise it gets shoved down your throat as a package inclusive item. There is an electric version out there, but it's $500-ish.

Reactions: Sparks480

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negotiate it with your dealer, otherwise it gets shoved down your throat as a package inclusive item. There is an electric version out there, but it's $500-ish.
I didn't know if sales at a dealer could do that. I don't want any slider at all just a piece of glass to cover the hole lol. I guess I'll have to ask them then. If I'm going to order a truck I want it that way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts

What electric one is out there? Ive never heard of one, but I'm definitely interested in powering that damn rear window...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mine came with it and frankly I never though I would use it. Under most circumstances would prefer a solid piece of glass back there myself. However it came in handy couple of weeks ago when we were tailgating before a concert. It was nice to be able to slide open the window to listen to the stereo without having to role down the side windows in a dusty parking lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine has the package that comes with the rear sliding window however it was ordered specifically to not include it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep in mind that is just for the window kit. That price does not include installation or any wiring, but I'm sure its simple enough to pull power from the cargo light and run a switch to the front.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Mine has the package that comes with the rear sliding window however it was ordered specifically to not include it.
Are you talking about the older model? Your profile shows you have a 2007 model. I contacted the right man at the factory where the current trucks are built to see if there was a way to delete the slider. Can't be done.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow, $500+ is crazy. Though in all fairness, I don't suppose they sell many of them.

Here's a 12V 6-inch linear actuator and bracket for under $120. Easy to rig with a momentary switch.
(Probably not the best way to do this, I just habitually pololu first when imagining DIY electronics projects.)

https://www.pololu.com/product/2306
https://www.pololu.com/product/2314

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you talking about the older model? Your profile shows you have a 2007 model. I contacted the right man at the factory where the current trucks are built to see if there was a way to delete the slider. Can't be done.
I now have a 2015 Canyon with the SLE convenience package minus the sliding rear window.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I hate my slider as well and will most likely never use it. However....if they make a kit (unlike that CRL unit), Id probably jump all over it.Sure, any of us can find a motor and wire it in, but Im getting lazy in my old age and just want to plug something in and go that route.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I now have a 2015 Canyon with the SLE convenience package minus the sliding rear window.
They didn't start including rear sliders until the 15 1/2 point, around feb. or mar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is exactly what I was looking for, if I can't get one without a slider i guess I could buy the glass and have a glass company install it.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
That is exactly what I was looking for, if I can't get one without a slider i guess I could buy the glass and have a glass company install it.

There's factory heated rear glass on the Bay for ~$150. I've been toying with getting both our trucks switched over, once caught up on the necessary mods being done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's factory heated rear glass on the Bay for ~$150. I've been toying with getting both our trucks switched over, once caught up on the necessary mods being done.
As long as the truck has the ability to hook into and use factory rear defog that's a killer deal and the route I'd most likely go

·
Registered
152 Posts
Think my dogs would assassinate me if I got rid of the slider. But sure would be nice to have an affordable option to motorize it. The CRL shows that it is not compatible with the 2017.

OP, have you tried calling a glass repair company like SafeLite to see if they can replace the window with a non slider? They would at least have the specs to ensure the < 2015 1/2 window fits

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think my dogs would assassinate me if I got rid of the slider. But sure would be nice to have an affordable option to motorize it. The CRL shows that it is not compatible with the 2017.

OP, have you tried calling a glass repair company like SafeLite to see if they can replace the window with a non slider? They would at least have the specs to ensure the < 2015 1/2 window fits
I'm going to call one now I didn't know a solid one piece was even an option. That is if the dealer can't order the truck with a solid one piece.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts