Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve recently started putting some work in to my 2016 CCLB WT. Nothing crazy so far but I’m excited to keep upgrading this thing. So far I have American eagle wheels 17 by 8.5 +6 offset with Falken wildpeak at3w 265/70/17 on a 2” rough country leveling kit. Also installed some rough country flush mount led pods in the rear bumper and tied them in to the cargo lamp pigtail. I have Cali raised ditch lights on the way in amber and also bought some LED lights for the cargo lamp. This truck is 2wd and I mainly just use it on trucking/fire roads and some light off-roading. It serves as my commuter vehicle, dirtbike hauler, and gets to tow a trailer every once in a while. I’m hoping to eventually go with the icon stage 2/3 kit as I’m not happy with how the rough country leveling kit feels.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Like the wheels, unless you go with a spindle lift, like Maxtrac you will always have a stiffer ride then stock as you are adding a stiffer spring or compressing the stock spring, I think

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
You forgot to move the beer cans before the third picture. Now you have to go back out there and retake the picture! ;)

Nice WT. Looks good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like the wheels, unless you go with a spindle lift, like Maxtrac you will always have a stiffer ride then stock as you are adding a stiffer spring or compressing the stock spring, I think
I’ve considered the spindle lift but I really want the added articulation that a coil over and uca offer. I just feel like the rc leveling kit really messed up the characteristics of the stock strut for off-road. For regular driving it feels fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nice truck. Looks real good. Many people look for the Crew cab long bed but apparently its not that common or they are gone quick. Also you could add after market fog lights too. Since you are modding right now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice truck. Looks real good. Many people look for the Crew cab long bed but apparently its not that common or they are gone quick. Also you could add after market fog lights too. Since you are modding right now.
Thanks! I’m super stoked on the long bed. Makes it look closer to a full size truck and is perfect for my application. I’ve considered doing the fog lights but just haven’t settled on a pair yet. I kinda wanted to do the gm kit but it’s a little pricey. I just decided to do ditch lights in the meantime.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed the Cali raised ditch light kit. I’ll post some photos later when it gets dark. Also my trucks real dirty so don’t look too close.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Second pic is ditchlights alone and third pic is with stock headlights on.

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
627 Posts
Many people look for the Crew cab long bed but apparently its not that common or they are gone quick.
I had to do alot of driving to find my slt longbed.
Just narrowing search down to long bed and not black or white exterior within 500 miles, the list went very small very quick.
And some of those on dealer lots want thousand more than value and will not budge.

Reactions: Rpinaiii

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Looks like you need to aim the ditch lights or maybe tkes some pictures of how they light up the ditch to the side of the truck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to do alot of driving to find my slt longbed.
Just narrowing search down to long bed and not black or white exterior within 500 miles, the list went very small very quick.
And some of those on dealer lots want thousand more than value and will not budge.
I got lucky and got mine used with 17k miles. The condition was so good it was basically a new truck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you need to aim the ditch lights or maybe tkes some pictures of how they light up the ditch to the side of the truck
I got them more to use as fog lights. I could turn them out a bit more though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After thinking about it for a bit I think I’m going to swap out the amber flood lights on the hood for white spot beams. I’m going to use the rago fabrication fog light inserts to move the amber floods down low. Also bought an oem style fog light housings so hopefully they are good quality. Was looking around and I’m not seeing anybody with the rago fog light Inserts but I’m hoping it looks good.
Personally, I think this looks better than the eBay pod light inserts that hold two pods per side.

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
627 Posts
For ditch lights, I really like these, wired in with high beams, flat and wide beams

They also have with a chipset so they can do amber.

Mount these low shinning out.

Saved my crossfire many times from deer.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After about 1000 miles on my new wheels and leveling kit, it looks like a have a few rubbing points. Nothing crazy but it does bother me a bit. The fender liner looks like it rubbed away the new tire dimples on the outside tread block of the tire so I feel like I want to remedy this rub. I’ve been wanting to get some more height on my truck for a while now so I think this might justify a 1” body lift. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Current light setup. Im happy with my fog lights but wish I had went with a wider beam pattern for the ditch lights. Might go with the Baja s2 sport flood/beam combo

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1.25 inch rough country body lift installed on top of their 2 inch level kit. Truck sits good but I am going to install the gm silverado block within the next few days to get back some of the rake. Loaded up with dirtbikes would cause the truck to sag and I wasn’t happy with it so the 1.25in block should remedy that. A couple areas of concern with the body lift is the exposed puck in the rear wheel well and the excessive frame exposure under the cab. I have plans for some wheel to wheel side steps in the future so the frame showing shouldn’t be an issue. I am thinking of getting the husky wheel well liners for the rear because they are supposed to extend down past the frame. That should cover up that puck and make it look a bit cleaner. I was also concerned with the gap between the rear bumper and tow hitch but it looks ok to me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts