Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Has any one put a side pipe exhaust on their truck? Im thinking about building one for my truck with a muffler and Direct bolt on, no mods to any of the exhaust or undercarage(except for the un bolting of the old 1). The pipe would come out on the passenger side right in front of the forward shackle for the rear leaf.
Any one ever seen this or done this... any insight... etc...
Ill be sure to take pics and dimensions if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it sound good? or is it just loud?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ITS DONE!!! I finally got it done... actually wasnt that hard. It lets the engine breath much better now I can feel the difference in power. And its not half as loud as I thought it would be.

I used a Dynomax super turbo muffler (it was cheap), The muffler can only be 4-5" tall, 15-17 inches long (including the tubes at both ends), Offset on the in to clear the drive shaft. I went to my friends exhaust store and picked up a Exhaust flange, Get one for a buick design or you will have a slight exhaust leak problem. I also got a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe to 90 degrees. I welded the flange onto the muffler straght with the muffler lieng flat Installed the muffler, cut the bent pipe so only 5" was sticking out from the muffler (thats the radius of the bend), Lined up where the pipe would go, Marked it, took off the muffler welded on the pipe and reinstalled everything.

I think im putting my stock exhaust back on...

·
Registered
2 Posts
ITS DONE!!! I finally got it done... actually wasnt that hard. It lets the engine breath much better now I can feel the difference in power. And its not half as loud as I thought it would be.

I used a Dynomax super turbo muffler (it was cheap), The muffler can only be 4-5" tall, 15-17 inches long (including the tubes at both ends), Offset on the in to clear the drive shaft. I went to my friends exhaust store and picked up a Exhaust flange, Get one for a buick design or you will have a slight exhaust leak problem. I also got a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe to 90 degrees. I welded the flange onto the muffler straght with the muffler lieng flat Installed the muffler, cut the bent pipe so only 5" was sticking out from the muffler (thats the radius of the bend), Lined up where the pipe would go, Marked it, took off the muffler welded on the pipe and reinstalled everything.

I think im putting my stock exhaust back on...

So did you end up changing the ur mind and swapping it back to stock? Would this setup be insanely loud with a super 40 and a side exhaust?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
So did you end up changing the ur mind and swapping it back to stock? Would this setup be insanely loud with a super 40 and a side exhaust?
do you realize this thread is over 12 years old????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah but it doesn't hurt to ask, I'm surprised you responded so quick man, especially during quarantine, thank you, was just curious if you remember it being a pain in the ass process for your setup or setups similar. Also price wise if you remember??

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've been on the ZR2 websites since the late 90s and I'd have to say that this has to be the record for resurrecting an old thread!
I would say to PM the discussion starter but he hasn't been on this site for 9 years!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts