Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon CCSB.
16 Posts
I had this problem with my 2018 Canyon around 20K miles. I took it into the dealership and they replaced the ATF and all was well, hasn't it done it since and I have just about 60K miles on it. Talking with the service manager when I had it done, they do a few of these every week on the canyons.

·
Registered
2019 Z71 4x4 3.6L Crush
28 Posts
15K miles on my 2019. I had the issue under certain driving conditions. The dealership flushed and replaced fluid under warranty. Problem seems to be resolved.

·
Registered
137 Posts
that law suit is dead, that link yyou posted is 3 years old
This the famous class action, I’m assuming? What ultimately happened there, I can’t find any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 2wd 3.6L CCSB WT
179 Posts
My 2018 3.7 was shuddering intermittently at about 45 MPH. Called the Chevy dealership where I purchased the truck, and they said it would have to throw a code before they’d do anything. Called another dealership and they were clueless saying it only effected Cadillac models. So called a third Chevy dealer and before I even finished my sermon on the TSB etc. the service writer stopped me short and said to bring it in and they would do the flush no problem.

Dropped it off this past Saturday and picked it up Monday morning. 100 miles later it noticeably shifts much smoother, and after about 20 attempts, no low speed shudder experienced this week.......

Keep calling until you find a dealer who knows what they’re talking about. Post up your city here and I’d bet theres a forum member in your city that can recommend a dealership that worked on their truck on the issue....

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
77 Posts
The best part is you can literally print off the bulletin, show the advisor, show them that it only requires customer complaint to complete and it give the exact process to complete and they are still clueless or argumentative.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
The best part is you can literally print off the bulletin, show the advisor, show them that it only requires customer complaint to complete and it give the exact process to complete and they are still clueless or argumentative.
this is what I did, they read it and scheduled me later in the week...

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
77 Posts
this is what I did, they read it and scheduled me later in the week...
I did that and they made me authorize one hour of diagnosis cost in case I was wrong in what I thought was happening. I have roughly 36k miles so even if I was wrong it still was under my warranty period....
They called me back 3 hours later to tell me i was correct and they had performed the TSB under warranty

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I did that and they made me authorize one hour of diagnosis cost in case I was wrong in what I thought was happening. I have roughly 36k miles so even if I was wrong it still was under my warranty period....
They called me back 3 hours later to tell me i was correct and they had performed the TSB under warranty
They also charged GM more time to diagnose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 77k on this vehicle and it didn’t start happening until it was after 60k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't ask the answer is always no. See if the dealer can get GM to buy it first because they have the equipment to flush the tranny and you probably don't. Jiffy Lube might but then you're paying for labor the dealer might do for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The flush for the new fluid fixes the issue. The lawsuit was just some Lawyers just trying to get rich off the truck owners. Class actions are jokes.

The fluid fixed most issues. The few that it failed in needed the converter replaced as the clutch was too glazed for the new oil to recover. In other words driven too long with the shudder.

The biggest issue has been some dealer do the flush with no issue under warranty some try to avoid it. If your dealer gives you trouble try another dealer. They are to do this if you report a shudder.

I believe it is under the drive line warranty.
My 2019 started gradual shudder issue after a 3-4k miles got a little worse and dealer did the trans flush at 6500 miles I now have 7500 miles and everything seems fine---dealer says they had done 30 truck flushes and only one came back again with the shudder problem-- question-- how many miles do you need to drive with the shudder present to cause real damage --- other than that I have had no other problems and really like the Colorado I owned a dodge dakota for 13 years before this truck

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
My 2019 started gradual shudder issue after a 3-4k miles got a little worse and dealer did the trans flush at 6500 miles I now have 7500 miles and everything seems fine---dealer says they had done 30 truck flushes and only one came back again with the shudder problem-- question-- how many miles do you need to drive with the shudder present to cause real damage --- other than that I have had no other problems and really like the Colorado I owned a dodge dakota for 13 years before this truck
That is a question that there is no real answer on. Much depends on how you drive and where you drive at 40-45 mph Where that clutch likes to engage.

Those with more highway miles may not see much glazing issues.

I had read some place the fluid is made to help recover the clutch from glaze and so if it gets better the return Is not as likely.

So if the flush made it better odds are greater it will not return. But like with everything there is always a chance depending on conditions. I would not get too stressed over it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine was barely noticeable. 2019 Z71 with 10,000 miles. On a freshly paved road it felt like driving over a few tar strips when you were crowding the throttle a bit between 40 and 50 mph. Brought it in - no questions asked. I also have a dash cam and it got this photo when the tech was pulling it into the stall showing 20 quarts of Mobil1 ATF Blue on his bench :) The service rep said to give it about 200 miles and all should be good. Only 500 miles since then but seems fine to me now.
TransOil.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2018 4x4 LT just started the transmission shudder a few days ago. It’s about 18 months old and turned 8k miles on the way to the dealer today. The trans shudder was at about 35mph and at 70mph. They did the flush, said it might take 250 miles or do to clear up. I could not detect any transmission shudder on trip home. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts