Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to take off my stock stall converter and send it in to get restalled into a 3000 and made tight for nitrous. There's this local place in Harlingen Tx that will do it for $125 and so far I have heard nothing but good things about them. I just pray that it will be enough for the 11's. Stay tuned for when I run it on wed and I will post a vid on thursday even if it's a 11.9999999999999 lol.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
good luck txcoloradoss, Id like to think the motor will hold :twisted:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
well at least you have some good suporters txcoloradoss :? :roll: ....how sweet it will be...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is why I do it to try and prove my supporters wrong lol. Why wont my engine hold if im only putting on a stall for a harder take off if anything my rear end my give out not my motor. Im still only spraying the 100 shot :). Just stay tuned for this wednesday when I run it at the track. Ohhh by the way thanks stepdaddy.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
ill join the haters when your shooting for 9's :clueless

by then the 5cly will be melted together

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stepdaddy said:
ill join the haters when your shooting for 9's :clueless

by then the 5cly will be melted together
9's no way maybe with a 383 stroker or something and a 250 shot then ok not on the 5 cyl lol.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
true...mabey I wont get to hate after all

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I don't see why you'd have a problem with the engine from just replacing the converter. Like you said, the rear will be your biggest concern with the trans being a close second. Good luck.

What's the turn around time on having the converter done anyway? Are you going with a different STR or will that be stock? That's where you'd see the biggest gain IMO.

·
Registered
553 Posts
good luck bro and do you know a dude who drives a 4.8 step side champange sierra with molded roll pan and blacked out tails he said he knows you and he ran my buddy in an x runner and his truck was pretty quick

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
firingonall5 said:
good luck bro and do you know a dude who drives a 4.8 step side champange sierra with molded roll pan and blacked out tails he said he knows you and he ran my buddy in an x runner and his truck was pretty quick
Sound familiar where did they race at?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
firingonall5 said:
over here in pasadena on 225
Im pretty sure I do I mean the valley is like truck heaven and everybody know's each other just need to see a pic of his truck.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
firingonall5 said:
yea thats what he said over in the valley there was a red single cab running 12s and i knew just who he was talking about
Yeah who else lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts