Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this pop off before? Mine popped off last night, it's for hi low + - selection. I never use it. I think one of those round tabs inside broke off. See pics. Don't think i can glue it back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
You would have to buy the entire shifter assembly to get that, about $140.

Reactions: Rpinaiii

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,427 Posts
many people have swapped this shifter out for the impala or blazer shifter so you’re in luck. There’s a few write ups on how to pull and replace the whole shifter and I don’t think you need many if any tools.

I know you have to be careful when pulling it off to limit your length of pull once it pops out so you don’t rip the little wires out befor you unplug them.

Here’s a OEM shifter basically for free for sale on this site now.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This page should get you there.(for install/removal)

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
yep, quite a few peple install the Buick envision, Blazer and other knobs and they look good
there is a big thread in the how to section, seems pretty easy

·
Registered
2021 Colorado WT v6 2wd
213 Posts
Still have the shifter knob in referenced ad mentioned a couple posts ago too. Really easy to swap out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anything before replacing whole thing, ill try gluing the two tabs inside the smal part to the sensor on each side so it will move when pressed. Dont even use it have no idea why it popped off.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I'm not sure what year your truck is. But there was a TSB regarding this problem. My whole shifter was replaced under warranty because of it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You don’t want to end up wanting to use it and it doesn’t work. I think gluing it seems like a good idea- if the part was hundreds of dollars. Might be fine but I use the buttons a lot to drop a gear on hills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts