Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so my 4wd works every mode engages fine but I keep getting a service 4wd message. I brought it back to the shop that did the lift kit and they said it is a communication issue but the problem still isn’t fixed and due to the virus I can’t bring it back there yet. Any ideas of what it could be? It’s a diesel and a 2016.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
That’s real nice, they can do the work when taking your money, but can help you when it comes to fixing their screw up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know then they want me to wait because there “lift” guy isn’t in... I’m just at the point where I want it fixed but I don’t want to go to the dealer and get raped for something they should be doing for free.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Definitely, make them fix it! Did they do a wheel alignment after the lift kit?

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
432 Posts
I’d crawl underneath the truck and see if something was left unplugged.

Look at the front differential, abs sensors, and transfer case to see if they neglected a plug. I’d make sure the plugs I found were pushed in good as well.

Trace the wires you find and see where they go. You might get lucky. It’s easy and a good opportunity to check out the undercarriage of your truck.

Get a few torque specs and check bolts while your under there.(y)

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Have you tried to clear the message, when I had my level installed I actually got an alert on my phone when they unplugged something under the truck. But I also had the Service 4wd messge when I picked it up. I cleared it and it never came back.
I do notremember how I cleared it, it may have been in the how to section on here
later, when I took it to the dealer for something they saw the code when they ran a dianostic on it and told me they had a hard time finding what the issue may have been. I told them what had happened...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found when I lifted my truck I tipped the transfer case to far over and the fluid poured out, so check the oil level in transfer case. Simple things cause big problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a similar issue. i installed the lift myself. 4wp did my regear and apparently reattached the front diff breather hose incorrectly ( only had a problem after gearing) . i found the front differential breather hose had a kink causing the diff to overheat. the 4x4 actuator has a heat sensor integrated in the actuator. so the ecm/tcm got s signal from actuator to turn off 4x4 until front diff was cooled enough to engage. this was very frustrating because it was working fine until it overheated and i got stuck in the sand. luckily i could pull myself out.

i ended correcting the issue by installing a larger diameter breather hose.
hope this helps
HTTR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had a similar issue. i installed the lift myself. 4wp did my regear and apparently reattached the front diff breather hose incorrectly ( only had a problem after gearing) . i found the front differential breather hose had a kink causing the diff to overheat. the 4x4 actuator has a heat sensor integrated in the actuator. so the ecm/tcm got s signal from actuator to turn off 4x4 until front diff was cooled enough to engage. this was very frustrating because it was working fine until it overheated and i got stuck in the sand. luckily i could pull myself out.

i ended correcting the issue by installing a larger diameter breather hose.
hope this helps
HTTR
I’ll take a look at that as well The only thing is that my four-wheel-drive works fine it can change and go into every single position its just the service light comes on and I am still trying to figure out why. I’m going to get under it tomorrow and look at everything everyone suggested on here thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll take a look at that as well The only thing is that my four-wheel-drive works fine it can change and go into every single position its just the service light comes on and I am still trying to figure out why. I’m going to get under it tomorrow and look at everything everyone suggested on here thanks for the help everyone.
HTTR!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts