Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance this can be fixed without dealer service visit? Tires are inflated .. but flash Low Tire and Serv TPM... is it a sensor that needs replacing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any chance this can be fixed without dealer service visit? Tires are inflated .. but flash Low Tire and Serv TPM... is it a sensor that needs replacing?
Hi all
I had the same hassle with my 07 so I bought a new 06 cluster and fitted it.
The 06 didn't have TPMS so there is no nuisance warning light flashing up.
I did this about 10 years ago and haven't had any worries so far. It was around $100
As it was a new cluster the mileage flashed straight up to match mine.
If you buy a used cluster with more mileage than yours, the mileage will remain the same until you "catch up" to the new cluster
I got mine off ebay but can't remember where it actually came from but I can search through my records if you let me know.
Regards
Jacko

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Over inflate the tires by about 4-5 psi drive around a few miles and see if it clears

if not, probably a bad tpms..

oh, what year?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2012 Colorado ZR2 i5, 4WD..

Could the spare tire be at all involved in this problem?

Over inflate the tires by about 4-5 psi drive around a few miles and see if it clears

if not, probably a bad tpms..

oh, what year?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Over inflate to like 42 or 44 psi or what?
40 usually works, when I had my 2011, it seemed like they would not reset until I had at least 36psi in each tire

not sure if the spare has one in iit or not, might as well fill it up too..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
40 usually works, when I had my 2011, it seemed like they would not reset until I had at least 36psi in each tire

not sure if the spare has one in iit or not, might as well fill it up too..
if that doesn't do it, then a dealer visit right to clear it? I've had low tire messages before and cant recall if SERV TPM came on then or not.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
if that doesn't do it, then a dealer visit right to clear it? I've had low tire messages before and cant recall if SERV TPM came on then or not.
I would go to a tire shop first I think. They might diagnose it for free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All 5 tires including spare are 40+, still Serv TPM and low tire flashes... Something wicked this way comes ....

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,593 Posts
Hi all
I had the same hassle with my 07 so I bought a new 06 cluster and fitted it.
The 06 didn't have TPMS so there is no nuisance warning light flashing up.
I did this about 10 years ago and haven't had any worries so far. It was around $100
As it was a new cluster the mileage flashed straight up to match mine.
If you buy a used cluster with more mileage than yours, the mileage will remain the same until you "catch up" to the new cluster
I got mine off ebay but can't remember where it actually came from but I can search through my records if you let me know.
Regards
Jacko
[/QUOTE]
This is the best solution. I did the same thing and have no regrets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts