Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AEV: they do not intend to build any of the products shown on the concept vehicle unless they see enough interest from us to justify it.

ARB: bumpers should be available in the beginning of the year (they threw out January, but don't quote me). They are in talks with Safari about producing a snorkel. Their Duramax is their test platform, I don't know if this would also work for gassers. Maybe? The engineers are reviewing their test truck after SEMA to confirm the feasibility of offering a locker (basically - can they make an existing one work or would they have to start from scratch).

CBI: apparently they saved the twins bed dimensions after they modified their Tacoma rack for the Rockstar Garage ZR2 build and are open to making a rack for us by request (I think these will be done on a one off basis).

Rockstar Garage: So I chatted with the builder of the BDS ZR2 and the previous Rockstar Colorados. For those that need fender liners because of a body lift or fender work he expressed an openness to helping supply some. One off units, but if you're looking for some they have experience and measurements from our trucks so it's worth a phone call.

Titan Fuel Tanks: their tank only fits the long bed at this time. They have reviewed the short bed and noted that there is not enough room to offer what they'd want to in terms of additional capacity. They're going to continue to review the market and will make a determination at a later date as to whether the short beds will have a mid-ship tank option. If they feel the market wants an 8-12 gallon improvement for $800+ dollars they'll explore the design. Right now they don't feel the gain is going to be worth the expense. EDIT: after some Facebook discussion questioning this data I went to check out the Rockstar/BDS ZR2 build since it's a short bed and they claimed to use the Titan tank. I can confirm that this build used an in-bed auxiliary tank designed for us/short bed mid-size trucks. They did NOT use the mid-ship tank replacement - that is long bed only.

I'll keep updating this as I learn more. If you have info yourself, please share it in this thread!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have also seen that the ZR2 Dusk and Midnight editions will be released:
The ZR2 laser cut into the side of sports bar panel looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just for info for folks

Attachments

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP

If you want info on something from SEMA, post here! I will try my best to get an answer for you. Tomorrow I'll be doing video overviews of a few of the Colorado SEMA builds (Wyatt and Nick) but otherwise my day is somewhat free of video work, so if you want me to chase down a vendor I can.

Also, check out the videos we've done so far on our YT channel. Hopefully I don't look/sound like a total tool.... I'm not usually our host but took a swing at it for this year (us marketing folk are typically behind the scenes :p). Feedback is welcomed. I'm going to chase down a few more popular builds before we leave so if you want to see something I can try to get it! Feel free to skewer me here or privately via PM. PM preferred of course! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
You said we could ask ya,Chris, so heres mine.. those Titan tanks are for the diesels only right? maybe im a scrub who dont know ****, but why is it the gas guys get no love for extended tanks.. any chance for a gas extended tank?.. one thats not shipped from auzzyland

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's an excellent question. As of this exact moment I'm not familiar enough with the differences between the two to say definitively. I can certainly do a little research tomorrow to find out.

If anyone with access to part numbers can confirm: are the gas and diesel tank p/ns the same? Really I'm only questioning the mid-ship replacement, I can't imagine why the in-bed tank would be any different.

More to come! Thanks for the question!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's a couple of good Q&A and walk around videos on the ZR2 Racing Development truck collaboration with GM and Hall Racing:

·
Registered
761 Posts
The modifications from AEV were sick!!! Love what they did. And I do hope they get those out to market.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I spoke to AEV asking about the 35" tires and how they made that work.

They said it's a concept truck and that size tire clearance is not very functional.

I would imagine this is why the Hall Racing car has 33" tires.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you can find out what Chevrolet’s plans are for the long travel ZR2 suspension I’d be much obliged. Some type of timeline for introduction or what are they waiting for to release them for purchase.
As noted in the video I posted above the GM guy says they have not even finalized the length of the modified long travel Multimatic's.
It's likely there's more testing and modifications to be played with in future races by Hall Racing. Unfortunately this may take some time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man I can see myself buying a lot of this stuff if it comes out lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
That rear bumper by AEV is sweet! I'd definitely consider one if they'd make them.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
As noted in the video I posted above the GM guy says they have not even finalized the length of the modified long travel Multimatic's.
It's likely there's more testing and modifications to be played with in future races by Hall Racing. Unfortunately this may take some time.
Ah interesting. My internet isn’t good enough for YouTube unfortunately

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
I want a good light bar/pre-runner for the front of my ZR2, I sent a message to Hall racing a month ago about the one on the racing truck but no responce..... the front bumper assembly on the AEV would be great though

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's an excellent question. As of this exact moment I'm not familiar enough with the differences between the two to say definitively. I can certainly do a little research tomorrow to find out.

If anyone with access to part numbers can confirm: are the gas and diesel tank p/ns the same? Really I'm only questioning the mid-ship replacement, I can't imagine why the in-bed tank would be any different.

More to come! Thanks for the question!

Ok, I should have realized some of this. Short answer is no, the tanks are not compatible with gassers. Midship tank was designed around the diesel components specifically. The bigger issue is the emissions systems on gas tanks. Titan said the truck would probably go into limp mode immediately if you tried to use one. I didn't consider this last night.

Diesel tanks are apparently much simpler.

Learned something today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm my guess evap system.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts