Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2021 GMC Canyon Elevation V6
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Canyon Elevation 4Dr with the V-6 and I'm looking to put seat covers and floor mats or pans in the truck. What has everyone used and why? I have looked at Weather Tech and they dont look to bad, looking for advise, thanks.

· Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
Weathertech mats + sunshade and coverking neoprene covers here. No regrets on either of them, years later now.

For floormats, the weathertech, husky liners, and OEM are all great. You wont go wrong with any of them. I pressure wash mine off occasionally and they look like new again after (I vacuum them between pressure washings).

For seat covers, I recommend you either go with custom fitted neoprene covers from Coverking or Wet Okole, or for a more economical option a tough fabric like carharts. I've found the neoprene covers to last the longest in my vehicles, provide a bit of extra cushion, and are incredibly easy to clean with cheap, readily available wetsuit shampoos. The carharts will be colder to the touch but better transmit your seat heater. The neoprene covers are more temperature neutral overall (they're never ice cold or burning hot to the touch). They insulate well in the winter, warm up decently with seat heater, and in the summer are not too hot and don't give me swamp ass.

Grey Wood Font Road surface Rectangle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Plant Automotive design

· Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
Hi,

Make sure that front seat covers do not cover seat airbag..........
Excellent point ! The coverkings in my truck have a flap where those airbags are. The carharts do not appear to allow that airbag to inflate

Reactions: nvblue

· Registered
6,248 Posts
Weathertech fit well but they will show their age pretty fast. They are a harder plastic and they will scratch and scuff.

The Factory liners and some other brands that are softer plastic will not show the abuse as much. Some folks have had fit issues with the factory liners but I never have.

Same on cargo liners from Weathertech. The hard surface make everything slide around.

Huskey is very similar to the factory. They may even make the factory ones as they do make the front air dam for GM.

· Registered
11,157 Posts
I like my OEM floor mats, they do not wear out like the auto-store or wally world brands do.

I bought a set of covers from someone on here who was selling thier truck 4 years ago and they still look like new, they are a weave,,, found them

· Registered
416 Posts
I have a 2021 Canyon Elevation 4Dr with the V-6 and I'm looking to put seat covers and floor mats or pans in the truck. What has everyone used and why? I have looked at Weather Tech and they dont look to bad, looking for advise, thanks.
Personally I strongly dislike weathertechs, expecially since there are better liners out there. I have the OEM all weather floor liners, better coverage than the weathertechs and the sides do not curl in like the weathertechs do. This may be a climate thing as I live in a place that is 40 below 3 months of the year, but the rubbery OEM liners have been fantastic.

I would recommend Katzkin leather replacements instead of just a seat cover. It's pricey but also the best leather interior I have ever experienced. My GF's 2014 Chrysler 200 had Katzkin leather and it was nicer than whatever "leather GM used on teh SLTs. Once my SLT seats wear out I'll likely replace with Katzkin.

· Registered
2021 Z71 Off Road 4x4 Duramax 2.8L
355 Posts
Weathertech for the floor mats. Your choice. Have used them for years on other vehicles and they are the best IMHO. No idea on seat covers. I did notice a company that had neoprene covers which claim to stop water/moisture penetration.

· Registered
11,157 Posts
Weathertech for the floor mats. Your choice. Have used them for years on other vehicles and they are the best IMHO. No idea on seat covers. I did notice a company that had neoprene covers which claim to stop water/moisture penetration.
and your butt/back sweats while sitting on them...

· Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
and your butt/back sweats while sitting on them...
I have no complaints about my neoprene seat covers; I don't sweat any more or less on them than my seats, but I can tell you... getting in my truck when covered in sweat post workout feels better on the neoprene (which is way easier to clean) than sliding across the now very wet leather parts of the seat

· Super Moderator
2022 Colorado LT
399 Posts
I just ordered CalTrend NeoSupreme for my back seat from realtruck. I’m still waiting to get them but everything I’ve read about them leads me to believe that I’ll love them. I have Honda OEM neoprene rear seat cover in my wife’s CRV and love it, so I know I’ll be happy with CalTrends.

· Registered
11 Posts
I have Weathertech mats in my truck now and I'm not a big fan of them. I've used Husky and Maxliner in other vehicles and they are much better quality imo. I'm also in the market for seat covers, so glad to hear everyone's opinion.

· Registered
11 Posts
Weathertech mats + sunshade and coverking neoprene covers here. No regrets on either of them, years later now.

For floormats, the weathertech, husky liners, and OEM are all great. You wont go wrong with any of them. I pressure wash mine off occasionally and they look like new again after (I vacuum them between pressure washings).

For seat covers, I recommend you either go with custom fitted neoprene covers from Coverking or Wet Okole, or for a more economical option a tough fabric like carharts. I've found the neoprene covers to last the longest in my vehicles, provide a bit of extra cushion, and are incredibly easy to clean with cheap, readily available wetsuit shampoos. The carharts will be colder to the touch but better transmit your seat heater. The neoprene covers are more temperature neutral overall (they're never ice cold or burning hot to the touch). They insulate well in the winter, warm up decently with seat heater, and in the summer are not too hot and don't give me swamp ass.

View attachment 441008

View attachment 441007
Is that the charcoal or gray center color on these seat covers? Looks very nice!

· Registered
8,160 Posts
I bought the Wet Okole seat covers, very nice, very happy, pricey.

· Registered
8,160 Posts
You can contact Wet Okole or any other manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts