Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering these SeaLights. There are some pretty good reviews on them. I believe they are among the latest LED’s SeaLight has to offer. Has anyone here installed them! Does anyone know if the low and high beams will fit under our dust covers?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have them in my truck. Tripled my low beams and doubled my high beams. Was worth the $99 bucks. Brighter & whiter than the Halogens were. O.D.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have them in my truck. Tripled my low beams and doubled my high beams. Was worth the $99 bucks. Brighter & whiter than the Halogens were. O.D.
Great to hear! I ordered the high/low beams during Amazons Black Friday sale, so they are on the way!
Paid $89 for both. The darn OEM halogens have got to go. Can’t wait to install the LED’s!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great to hear! I ordered the high/low beams during Amazons Black Friday sale, so they are on the way!
Paid $89 for both. The darn OEM halogens have got to go. Can’t wait to install the LED’s!
The stock lights......suck'd! I was not impressed, at all. The upgrade works, but I still always want "more light". I might mount a bar light to my "Buck Bumper" and run it off of a separate switch. IDK yet. O.D.

·
Registered
2018 CCLB, Z71, Black, 3.6L V6 w/8 Speed Transmission
20 Posts
I’m unfamiliar with the kit. Does it come with the converter/any wiring to make these work or are they simply plug and play into our current housings?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I’m unfamiliar with the kit. Does it come with the converter/any wiring to make these work or are they simply plug and play into our current housings?
Nope, nothing is needed. Plug-n-play install, no fans either. I got the chicom crap off of Amazon, back before all this woo-flu sh#^ started (at the end of 2018). Don't have the stock#, but it was a four pack deal (2ea Hi's, 2ea. Lo's, $99.00 shipped), So far, they work and have lasted. So, that's the best I can hope for. O.D.
ETA: On my ZR2, I could use my dust covers(back of housing), without any mods.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight
350 Posts
The price on the link above is $199. Did you use a different version than above or get a huge bargain?

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight
350 Posts
I installed the Sealights on my truck this week, Low beams, High Beams, and the fog lights. They are all identical in clean white light and don't look wonky to me at all. I really like them. Cost me less than $100 for all and the installation was quite simple to do.

Here is a photo.
If anyone needs video of before and afters, I will email since I do not know how to attach videos.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow, the Sealights are really nice. Just confirms my purchase. Now I know what mine will look like when I finally get a chance to install my Sealight low/high beams and fogs this week!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you have a link of the high/low beam combo you purchased? Amazon has a bunch of different options for the Colorado..

I installed the Sealights on my truck this week, Low beams, High Beams, and the fog lights. They are all identical in clean white light and don't look wonky to me at all. I really like them. Cost me less than $100 for all and the installation was quite simple to do.

Here is a photo.
If anyone needs video of before and afters, I will email since I do not know how to attach videos.

View attachment 401056 View attachment 401057

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nope, nothing is needed. Plug-n-play install, no fans either. I got the chicom crap off of Amazon, back before all this woo-flu sh#^ started (at the end of 2018). Don't have the stock#, but it was a four pack deal (2ea Hi's, 2ea. Lo's, $99.00 shipped), So far, they work and have lasted. So, that's the best I can hope for. O.D.
ETA: On my ZR2, I could use my dust covers(back of housing), without any mods.
Do these mess with anything else on the truck? I have a 2019 ZR2 and was thinking about getting these, but I don’t want to mess anything up in the electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
If they’re anything like the Sealights that I installed a couple of months ago they should be just fine, no side effects whatsoever. I continue to be pleased with them.
Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
42 Posts
I recently installed the sealight s2 lights for keeping a mild low beam so I'm not the enemy of the state to on coming drivers. Then when I installed them I was just that anyway. Sealight makes some really good lights and from what I've seen they last for a long time too. Time will tell on that.

So a word of advice on any upgraded low beams, find a road and readjust those things before you blind someone. My ZR2 needed a little downward adjusting for the cutline. As it was from factory they projected almost straight out. Signs over half a mile away would reflect. Bright them down just a couple turns of the screws to get a cut line around 75' in front of the truck. That put the brights pretty much right down a flat road as far as I could see.

Best of luck and enjoy the ability to see at night now.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
42 Posts
I just ordered them I can't wait to actually be able to see at night had hids for a long time but they kept failing and I gave up on repairing them hopefully these work out better
I've had decent luck with LEDs. Only hid kids I would use are morimoto. And those are pricy. Hence the switch to LED. So far sealight has worked good for me. Even when the drl is sending low voltage to them through the stupid pwm controller. I'll have that sorted out here shortly with a custom harness and controller to relocate on my ZR2 yet still keep a forward facing market light on factory headlight assemblies. Ok just ranted for awhile there. Enjoy the lights 😁

1 - 20 of 23 Posts