Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have a picture?
IL get a Pic later truck at shop getting linex. I didn't complete the install because of the clearance. Basically the mushroom cap in the back is pushing on the bigger coolant hose that runs from the bottom of the coolant reservoir to the engine. If the provent sits an inch out from the bracket it clears fine though but I need to buy spacers I guess

·
Registered
610 Posts
Glad they finally got an adaption made up. I informed them of the same problem over a year ago. They first tried to convince me that I had the hoses wrong. Huh? Sent them photos after I installed using longer bolts and nylon spacers and that must have set up the future fix. Bunch of other end users had the same feedback. Great setup and worth the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know if the BMS catch can is available on eBay, but it's not one of the cheap Chinese units. The BMS can is well designed and made by Burger Motorsports here in the US and worked well, it was actually designed for the BMW turbo engines and is one of the few cans available with ports large enough to support the flow necessary for a diesel engine. The standard catch cans have ports that are too small and are unable to flow enough. The problem is that this can and most similar designs get all snotty with oil/condensation sludge during cold winters. I had to clean it weekly in the winter, so after dealing with it for one winter I ended up taking it off. I had it off for probably 2 years before I put it back on this Spring and was going to go back to stock for the winter and just buy some Band-It clamps to put the stock hose back on but decided now would be a good time to just bite on the bullet on the Provent kit. If I didn't live where it got so cold in the winter I would've run the BMS can year-round. So folks in the south or on the west coast would have no problem.
I’m from Miami, I went ahead and purchased a catch can just not the Sasquatch kit. Would you say since coldest it gets here is about 60 degrees F on a bad day, a BMS style catch can would suffice?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad they finally got an adaption made up. I informed them of the same problem over a year ago. They first tried to convince me that I had the hoses wrong. Huh? Sent them photos after I installed using longer bolts and nylon spacers and that must have set up the future fix. Bunch of other end users had the same feedback. Great setup and worth the money.
They could also just extend the bracket 3/4 of an inch out further but I'm sure spacers and longer bolts are the cheaper option. They've been great as far as responding though and making sure it's resolved

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Uh you guys do know that you can change the orientation of the filter in the bracket in 90 Degree intervals right???

Attachments

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
After looking at mine and the photo's here, is it possible for the Provent to slide down a couple spots? I have the same setup and didn't need any spacers. I guess whatever works...

·
Registered
12 Posts
After looking at mine and the photo's here, is it possible for the Provent to slide down a couple spots? I have the same setup and didn't need any spacers.
Sliding it down pushed it more onto the coolant line. Sasquatch admitted there's been several other customers with the same issue and they had the parts to send out immediately. I could have custom fixed it myself but for 425$ I expect to have it fit without rubbing the coolant hose

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Guess what, I checked mine again from a different angle now that its not raining anymore and I have contact on the hose. Looks like I'll be going to Ace during my lunch tomorrow to get some hardware. I don't know how I missed this on installation. I'm usually pretty particular on things like this.

<iframe src="Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Reactions: DieselAT4

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good that you caught it before a rub through had occurred on your coolant line.

As for the BMS catch can, they clog up very fast in this application. Not worth the money. I found out the hard way when the filtering mesh they use clogged up after a few hundred miles. Pulled it before any damage was done to the engine seals.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts