So finally got it done. The welding was definitely frustrating. Had to cut out more as the rust made the metal thin underneath and the welds would drop out in certain spot. it was a lot of screwing around.
I used a 6” nylon cup brush on a 7” polisher and red scotch brite by hand on the tight areas. I would say you probably don’t need the cup brush.
Degreased used upol acid etch primer on the bare spots and grip 4 where I couldn’t sand properly……sprayed 2 coats of the raptor liner. That part was easy.
WOW, beautiful job! Your bed liner looks so fantastic! I had mine done by Rhino Liner that cost me $500.00, no complaints but yours looks just as good! The job may have been tedious, but you deserve a pat on the back, great job. Now take a break (after you put the bed back on) and ready yourself for Christmas. Merry Christmas, Larry
I did change the fuel pump out but didn’t really take any pictures. It was pretty straight forward.
Sprayed the hose Fittings and compression ring with wd-40 prior.
The feed hose needs to be depressured by the radiator…black cap with a schrader valve to depress…..the blue clip on the feed hose needs to be squeezed together with needle nose pliers and pops off. They remove the blue clip. You don’t need a fuel hose tool or anything.
The hose to the evap canaister just squeeze together the black clip. I used a crescent wrench to carefully wiggle it back and forth to get it off.
the compression ring I used a punch and slowly kept working around hitting the tabs to get it free. Definitely took a bit to get off.
The electrical connector with the grey lock tab. Just take a flat blade screw driver and pry it back. Then depress and pop off. Very easy. The other just depress and pop off.
tank was very clean. Installed the new pump.
I watched some real butcher jobs on YouTube. They end up wrecking the clips on the hose and the grey safety lock.
The tailgate has some rust on the bottom. Going to knock off what I can and por15 it. Then use white raptor liner on the inside and 1” up the bottom on the outside. Not much else I can do. View attachment 420336
Kind of a lull getting this truck done. I tried to strip the wheels with aircraft stripper but it wouldn’t touch the epoxy paint. So found a local guy that had a dip tank and just got him to powder them as well. Found the black caps on amazon.
Also added new style Colorado bowties front and rear. Like the look better. Removed the inner piece of the old emblem and used jb epoxy to glue it to the new one. If I did it again I would find a flatter front emblem. This one had a bit of curve. Added 2 sided 3m tape to fill the gap.