Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm working with Gen5diy on another product. They have a new harness that will allow us to keep are Fog lights on when we are running the high beams. This is a cool mod for off roading at night. Also the harness will automatically turn on your Fog light when you turn on your high beams. They will be able to combine this new harness with the DRL relocation harness too for those of you who don't have one already. Right now they have a limited supply of parts to make this. So they wanted me to see if people are interested. If enough people want this they will go ahead and start production. So what do you guys think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzseUzJko_0&t=108s

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
So I'm working with Gen5diy on another product. They have a new harness that will allow us to keep are Fog lights on when we are running the high beams. This is a cool mod for off roading at night. Also the harness will automatically turn on your Fog light when you turn on your high beams. They will be able to combine this new harness with the DRL relocation harness too for those of you who don't have one already. Right now they have a limited supply of parts to make this. So they wanted me to see if people are interested. If enough people want this they will go ahead and start production. So what do you guys think?

That would be a yes for me.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
AHHHHh. just bought the DRL harness

like that idea but don't know if I'd make the purchase again maybe if I could sell the recently purchased DRL harness

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just purchased my DRL harness too, bummer because that would have been a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Very interested as well. I had planned on splicing the fog lights into my low beams so the fogs would be on whenever the lows are. That harness would work out even better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The response to this here plus the other places I've posted have all come back very positive. So I will contact gen5diy tomorrow and let them know, that way they can buy bulk parts to get the price as low as possible. Before you ask I don't have a price yet but I should have it for you by the end of the week.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just an FYI ......

It is illegal in some states to run Fog lights with high beams. And illegal to run driving lights with low beams.

Check your state laws before installing these upgrades. If it is illegal - you could get pulled over and ticketed OR you might fail yearly inspections (if applicable).

Just sayin..... I don’t wanna see ya’ll posting threads about being pulled over and whining and crying about it because you weren’t aware of the laws.

If you live in PA - it is illegal. To pass inspection - remove fuse or disconnect all power to the fog lights before you get your vehicle inspected. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
If Vinolush or tbalt14 are interested in upgrading, and wish to sell their used DRL relocation harness, there may be some ZR2 owners (with no fog lights) interested in purchasing your DRL at a discount.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Really? Where? Our Cruze always has the driving lights on with the low beams, and it is totally stock.
Pennsylvania.....
The lights on your Cruze (and on our Canyon) are more like fog lights. I never tried it....but.... I’m gonna guess you can’t turn them on with the high beams.

In PA ....Even aftermarket lights have to be 27” apart center-on-center and they’re supposed to be covered when not in use (offroad lights?).

Granted - I’ve never heard of anyone being pulled over by the police. We do have yearly safety inspections and they check all the lighting. Most shops don’t nitpick at that kinda thing - but......you can’t take any chances. We knew a guy who performed PA state inspections and he told us (if you have them wired illegally- per say) to pull the fuse from your aftermarket lights. If there’s no power to them, they can’t fail you.

Welcome to PA!! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.