1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't know. Wouldn't the government have snapped this up like all the other gas saving techniques (products)? I mean, surely their Humvees don't get 8 mpg. but hey, maybe. I need more info/proof.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Funny thing about this is one of my profs was talking about this on Monday. Since the gas HHO isn't just pure hydrogen, it isn't as explosive and dangerous as pure H. He went on and on about it, but I have to agree I would like to see more proof. I def. would buy some shares in the company or any company that buys it as soon as it starts up, just because of the "new" factor - even if it does flop.

·
Registered
816 Posts
that may be a good idea

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
they tried this on mythbusters. They couldn't produce enough voltage off the cars own electrical system to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen quick enough. Any separation they got was not nearly enough to sustain the engine - it would just basically burp but not ever stay running. They were able to run a car on pure hydrogen but that was straight out of a tank - so the thoery is possible but the technology isnt there yet.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hmmm, maybe with higher output alternator, dual batteries (or Quad) better cables and such.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Tsalagi123 said:
Hmmm, maybe with higher output alternator, dual batteries (or Quad) better cables and such.
they ended up running the system on 220V with huge step-up power amplifiers and it still would barely do a thing. It doesent take much power to seperate hydrogen from oxygen - but it does take huge amounts of power to seperate it fast enough to support the engine.

For the amount of electricity it takes to seperate the hydrogen from the oxygen - youd be better off just having an electric car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
yeah, we did it in class the other day with a 9V battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, not enough to run the engine completely, but what about using that HHO in conjunction with gasoline? would it improve gas mileage?

HHO is basically unstable Water vapor would that moisture have a negative effect on the engine?

There was another fella talking about similar stuff but couldn't provide anything other than bragging rights http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55469

I am taking a course at my college about Fuel cells and the electrolysis is pretty basic technology if it could be incorporated into our system without using more Fuel to produce the Battery power to electrolyze the water and the HHO is safe for our engines it could be a pretty neat experiment to see if it would improve fuel economy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is this the same technology that the guy invented recently that used a certain radio frequency or is this another type of electrolisis

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just installed a hydrogen cell on my friends 88 bronco. i have a thread on it in the performance forum. we got a 30-40% mpg increase. the cell runs on water drawing out the hydrogen and mixes it with the air coming in from the intake. when idleing the exhaust is nearly pure water vapor(my face was on the exhaust pipe). i had my doubts but now im installing it on my ride. anyone wants one i am your man...i'll have prices for you soon. btw our trucks will get about 6mpg increase

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
sportgndy940 said:
i just installed a hydrogen cell on my friends 88 bronco. i have a thread on it in the performance forum. we got a 30-40% mpg increase. the cell runs on water drawing out the hydrogen and mixes it with the air coming in from the intake. when idleing the exhaust is nearly pure water vapor(my face was on the exhaust pipe). i had my doubts but now im installing it on my ride. anyone wants one i am your man...i'll have prices for you soon. btw our trucks will get about 6mpg increase
Is that just water injection your talking about.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i've been planning on doing this for my senior project. on a lawnmower engine though. not my colly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no..fuel injected, but the cell is filled with water and draws the hydrogen out and is shot in the intake wich ultimatley mixes with the fuel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts