Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just joined the forum today and hoping to find some answers on my setup fitment... I know this topic has been discussed frequently but I still didn't find what I am looking for.

I know people generally are using wheel spacers (1.5in?) to fit 17inch stock rims on lift kits, which essentially creates a 0mm offset setup. However my rims are 17x9, +1mm offset, with backspacing 5.04 inch (Fuel D680).

I called Roughcountry this morning and they said their maximum backspacing for 18inch rims is 5inch, and they have no information for 17inch rims.

My first question is: will the rim diameter affect the maximum backspacing required for the lift kit?
And the second question: do I still need a 1.5inch spacer? or I can run a smaller spacer (says 1 or 0.5 inches) with a +1mm offset rim? because I don't want to cause so much stress on my suspension components.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That kit was designed using a 18" wheel. I would plan on at least an 1.5 inch wheel spacer so the RC Knuckle will not hit the wheel.
Thank you, I'm a little concerned about the extra torque that wears ball joints. Are the worn out part replaceable in the future?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
if you ad the spacer to your wheel you will be sticking out 2.75 inches over the stock wheel/tire.
Y
some add a 7mm flat spacer to stock wheels to clear, but cannot go any more cause your studs will be to short. you may be able to use 1.25 spacers depending on how your wheels are made on the back side
I would either order the spacers and then try you wheels with out to see if everything clears, if they clear return the spacers or if have a second vehicle try the wheels and see what may or may not be needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you ad the spacer to your wheel you will be sticking out 2.75 inches over the stock wheel/tire.
Y
some add a 7mm flat spacer to stock wheels to clear, but cannot go any more cause your studs will be to short. you may be able to use 1.25 spacers depending on how your wheels are made on the back side
I would either order the spacers and then try you wheels with out to see if everything clears, if they clear return the spacers or if have a second vehicle try the wheels and see what may or may not be needed
Thank you, I will definitely try this way out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts