Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 12 Chevy Colorado 4x4, 3.7L 5 cyl. Yesterday it took a good 10-15 seconds to start. It sounded like it was trying and all the dash lights were on and all signs pointing to battery. Had the battery tested and it was 9% health so I replaced it. This morning, same exact thing happened even though brand new battery. Need help where to look now? Don’t have a ton of money to waste :(

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 12 Chevy Colorado 4x4, 3.7L 5 cyl. Yesterday it took a good 10-15 seconds to start. It sounded like it was trying and all the dash lights were on and all signs pointing to battery. Had the battery tested and it was 9% health so I replaced it. This morning, same exact thing happened even though brand new battery. Need help where to look now? Don’t have a ton of money to waste :(
is it cranking good but won't start? or?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Yes seems to crank good but doesn’t start right away
Could be so many things. Cranking good means it's not the battery. Does it run good once it does start? Is the Check Engine light on? It should come on with the key then go out after after it starts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be so many things. Cranking good means it's not the battery. Does it run good once it does start? Is the Check Engine light on? It should come on with the key then go out after after it starts.
Runs perfect. No lights on dash

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Runs perfect. No lights on dash
Does it help to give it a little gas pedal when starting? If so try cleaning the throttle body.
I've seen bad vent valves (EVAP) do this too. I'm not sure why, but it should set a code for that eventually. Could be the fuel pump, especially if it is only when cold or after sitting like over night.
Does it run real rough at first right after it starts? Then smooths out? If so look at the exhaust for black smoke, if you see that I would bet a leaking fuel injector.

You have a tough one on your hands.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Check engine light just came on today. damnit. code is for camshaft position sensor
Well there you go. Just replace that sucker and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts