Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 Colorado, z71 LS 3.5 i5, 305,000 mi
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 with 306k miles on it, but just recently started having an issue when idling. It doesn’t seem to be a misfire, because it come and goes so randomly. Replaced fuel pump and filter, and camshaft solenoid. Could be an o2 sensor but is there anything else I am overlooking?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Is it an I5 engine? If so might take the throttle body off and clean it. They are well known for the throttle body getting gummed up and can cause a rough idle. Worth a try. Also go to the 355nation forum and ask about it thats mainly a 1st. generation forum.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
05 Colorado, z71 LS 3.5 i5, 305,000 mi
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it an I5 engine? If so might take the throttle body off and clean it. They are well known for the throttle body getting gummed up and can cause a rough idle. Worth a try. Also go to the 355nation forum and ask about it thats mainly a 1st. generation forum.
Yes, it is the i5. I haven’t cleaned the throttle body in a while, I will give it a shot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Seafoam treatment perhaps?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Forgot about seafoam. I spray (get the spray not liquid) it in the carburetor of my push mower every spring to clean things up. Just be sure it's running and don't spray enough to kill the engine. Just spray till engine chugs and wants to die and wait till running without chugging and repeat. I do this several times. I don't know if any truth to it but have read that if you spray till kills engine its not a good thing. That engine wants to seize.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Check MAF sensor. You can unplug the MAF totally and see if the truck runs smoothly. If it does, then its likely the MAF going bad or dirty.
Yup cleaning the maf on those is easy. Unplug the maf take the two screws out and lift the maf out by the end not touching the maf. Get some maf cleaner at Walmart and spray the hell out of it it dries immediately and put it back in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts