Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 3 or 4 months my idle has been a problem. I had it in the shop and they said they could do nothing for me and that it seemed "ok" to them. They changed my fuel filter and it seemed to help a really little bit. I just had it in the shop for a Mobil 1 change and I brought up the idle again at which time, the knowledgeable service writer, the only one apparently, recommended a throttle body cleaning. He let me know that with my truck having just hit 50,000 miles and probably never having had the throttle body cleaned out, that the problem was most likely a dirty throttle body. Low and behold, $60 and 2 hours later, my baby runs better than even when I bought it at 32,000 miles! If anyone is experiencing a rough idle, particularly when the engine is cold or when the weather is cold, you should consider this service before anything else. Another symptom I was experiencing was a floating idle as I would decelerate to a stop...a sort of bobbing of the idle speed...all now fixed! Good luck fellow Coly brothers! 8)

· Registered
91 Posts
Cleaned the throttle body, new iridium plugs, new fuel filter, watched the O2 sensors on the scanner and are working properly and I still have a horrible engine shudder.
I am about to loose my mind! However mine does it anytime it is running but MUCH worse when it is all warmed up. I am out of ideas.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Chevy Colorado 4 wheel drive four cylinder I've replaced every sensor on it and fuel injectors throttle body spark plugs spark plugs and still have a hell of a shutter it just will rough idle totally even after restart even after a restart anybody have any kind of idea what I should be doing next this is driving me crazy thank you for your assistance

· Registered
3 Posts
Pull the air hat on top of the engine. Check the PCV hose that runs from the valve cover to that air hat. make sure its connected good and in good shape. Also check the vacuum line from the booster to the intake. Sounds like it could be some sort of vacuum leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts