Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I see a few responses but not enough to sway me either way.... are these strut and spring kits removing the ghetto lean on the driver side and lifting the trucks equally? I’m a 1/2 Lower on driver side with a simple 1 inch spacer level. Going to go 2/1 and taller tires here soon and need to know if I need a cheater spacer on the driver side to be level. $20 won’t break me but I’d rather not have to put it in or take it out if I don’t get the desired results.
My front end measures exactly the same within 1/8th" on both driver and passenger sides but not sure if that was the case before the coilovers.
I'm really happy so far.
Definitely a little firmer ride but nothing serious.
I cant believe how inexpensive they are.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado LT (crew cab)
10 Posts
Here are side by side photos of my leveled truck next to a stock z71 for comparison.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone have any info about the Rough Country strut leveling kit? Part #500077 I haven’t seen it before on their site until today. Looks like it’s a fully assembled strut set to 2 inches of lift. For $320 seems like it could be a pretty easy way to get a level without having to disassemble stock struts
Lame question but how does adding 2” with adjustable Shock impact the coil spring and its function with suspension? Coil not as compressed as before is it?

·
Registered
2019 Z71
50 Posts
Lame question but how does adding 2” with adjustable Shock impact the coil spring and its function with suspension? Coil not as compressed as before is it?
The whole assembly is longer by 2 vs using a spacer on a stock strut or a longer spring.

If engendered correctly it’ll function comparably to stock. Albeit doing a strut lift vs an arm and knuckle lift create some geometry things you need to solve along with potential travel issues up or down. For the average mall crawler a strut lift is plenty if you just want some better clearance for basic trails and a taller tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks a ton KeyserSoze22, I'm going to buy them right now.

I just threw on the struts. Honestly I love this, probably closer to a 1.5" lift, but it's perfect. I need a little rake so when I tow my boat it doesn't look like it's dragging to much ass.

Thanks everyone for their input. I honestly agree with everything everyone has said so far, this is a great purchase for our trucks. View attachment 385785 View attachment 385786
Nice ride height right there, just what im looking for!! What size tire you have on there? Now is this leveled with just the Rough Country 2" coil over? Did I also see that you are running a wheel spacer also? Thx for the pics!!!

101 - 105 of 105 Posts